Chapter 2

Emery

I scowled a little as I came out of the elevator. I found Frank standing in the entrance. He was looking around the place, most likely looking for me.

"Don't bother today." I said as soon as I stood in front of him.

He give me a confused look.

"I spoke to Braydon Rivera just now. He wants to meet Lyric." I said.

I could tell from his face he had so many questions in his minds but didn't know how to ask.

"I met him in the elevator. I did share a little bits and pieces about our proposal. He said he already signed a contract with someone else and are planning to build condominium." I was frustrated now.

"How about we meet George and get some more insides about what's going on?"

"We could do that." I said once I was calm enough to speak.

"I will speak to the receptionist now."

Once I was in my safe haven which is my office. I screamed in annoyance and then threw myself on the couch.

Today was a waste of time. George, who is the manager of one of the department said they can suggest to Rivera about who to sell the property to but they don't really have the power to make the decision. Only Braydon Rivera have the power to make the decision.

This drove me crazy and mad that we are in the waiting list of potential buyers.

Frank walked in with a tray and I could smell the aroma of the coffee.

"I'm not in the mood to have snack." I said to him.

"I have red velvet cupcakes." He tells me.

I couldn't help but clap in delight. Cupcakes at this moment is what I really needed.

Once I thanked Frank and grab a cupcake from the plate. He sat on the couch across from me.

"Why don't you try some?" I asked.

Frank and I have known each other for a very long time. He is the best assistant I will ever have. He knows me inside and outside which scares me but I trust him. He's like a family to me.

"I'm good." He said.

"How about you take the rest of the day off?" I said which siping the dark roasted coffee.

He laughed. "And do what?"

"You should take it easy." I said shrugging. "The one who needs to be stress about the situations are playing blame games with each other."

He shake his head. After sometime he finally spoke what was in his mind.

"What are we going to do about the situation? Are you going to introduce yourself as Lyric now?"

I grabbed a tissue and wiped my mouth.

"If he wants to meet Lyric. Why not?" I smiled.

He give me a horrified look. "I don't think I like where it's going."

"Don't worry." I brushed him off. "I got this."

Here we are.. after a month of training. We are finally sitting at the Oak's conference room waiting for Braydon Rivera to show up.

Frank looked at me nervously while I give him a reassuring look. Sitting between us is the woman whom we hired to be Lyric for today.

I thought Alexa wouldn't be able to pass the audition to be Lyric but she did fairly well.

Alexa looked at her newly painted nails with a big smile on her face.

Braydon walked in with five other people and sat down in the middle of the room which was across from Alexa. His dark navy suit crinkle free while his dark hair was pushed back neatly.

He looked at my employees for a quick moment and when his eyes landed on me. He give me a smirk which I kind of found it weird.

Frank decided to introduce each of us and our position in the company.

"My name is Frank O'Connell and I'm the director of the company." He said with a half smile. "This is Emery Greyson, she's the assistant of Ms. Lyric."

I give him a small fake smile. Frank introduce Xander to them and finally Lyric or Alexa.

Alexa seemed to have got enchanted by this arrogant man and very briefly forgot who she is at the moment and started waving at him very enthusiastically.

I cough slightly to bring her back to reality.

"Ms. Lyric." Braydon said sounding please. "Pleasure to meet you. I have heard so much about you and your artworks."

Lies. I said to myself. He sure knows how to please and put on a show.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Rivera." Alexa said with a big smile on her face.

"It so nice to see you today. I heard you're a very private person and prefer to stay lowkey about your identity. I somehow heard you're an alumni of Harvard?"

I know this trick he's trying to pull. He just wants to confirm if it's the real Lyric he's meeting.

"I like to keep my life and identity private  for personal reasons." Alexa said calmly.

Good thing she remembers what to do and what to say.

He leaned back and smiled.

"Since we're going to sign the deal how about we talk a little bit more. You know icebreaker?"

"Mr. Rivera, with all due respect. We're trying to close the deal as quickly as possible. We would like to negotiate with you and come to a conclusion." Frank said.

"What's the rush?" Braydon asked innocently.

"Cause Ms. Lyric will be in Europe for couple of months from day after tomorrow."

"We can always do virtual meetings and I'm pretty sure she'll drop by once in a while in the city to check on her business here." He said with a flirty smile on his face.

"I can." Alexa said with a smile on her face and when she realized what she said. It was too late.

"See. I believe Ms. Lyric is not in rush." Braydon said. "I don't know why your employees are in a rush to close the deal? If you're not in a rush then how about we get to know each other's company and we'll go from there."

Before Alexa could answer I spoke out.

"Although we would have love to. We are short of time." I said to Braydon with a fake smile on my face. "We want to quickly purchase the property and renovate the space for future exhibitions."

Braydon smirked. "Ms. Lyric. You do have a very hardworking assistant."

I raised one of my eyebrow at him.

"Yes. I do." Alexa laughed nervously.

He paused momentarily and with a smile. He said.

"How about we negotiate and come to an agreement today?"

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book. Please don't forget to Vote and add this book to your library/reading list for notifications of new updates! Next update will be on Friday.