Chapter 3

Emery

As soon as I heard the word negotiate I raised my eyebrow in suspicion.

Xander who was sitting beside me seemed excited about it. I know he just can't wait to get over this project and move on to the next.

"We'll sell the gallery to you for $150 million. Not less than that nor more than that but-"

That's the original price that they paid to buy that gallery which is suspicious.

"We'll take that." I said and he smirked.

"You haven't heard the best part yet." He said.

The person who was sitting beside him in the right seem surprised by the price, but didn't say anything.

"But I want your assistant to work for me."

The room became quiet once again and I could see everyone was either confused or baffled by his words.

As soon as I heard that my mind went blank. It was as if he spoke gibberish.

"How about we pay you $300 million for that gallery and everyone stay in their respective company." I said while momentarily forgetting that he's not talking about Frank but me.

Frank cough awkwardly as he looked at me.

"Shouldn't it be Ms. Lyric who should be negotiating and making decisions?" Braydon asked with a smirk on his face.

How I wish I could wipe that smirk off his face.

"With all due respect Mr. Rivera it's an honour that you're offering me a job at your company but I love my job and position at Bliss."

"Yes and I love working with her." Alexa said awkwardly.

Braydon shrugged.

"I think that will be my only term for selling the place."

"We can find you another assistant if you're looking for one." Frank stepped in.

"I like how efficient Ms. Greyson is, and also the fact that she's able to have Ms. Lyric here with us who we all know doesn't like attending meetings. If she can make her boss attend the meeting. I wonder what other capabilities she have."

"Isn't it a little troublesome to call your boss for help?" I said.

"I don't find that troublesome. The client requested and you fulfilled their wishes."

More like demand. I said to myself.

Frank looked at me quickly.

"I would like to talk to my boss and colleagues before I make a decision." I said.

"As you wish. We'll be outside." Braydon said and stood up with a lazy smile on his face. His employees quietly followed behind him.

As soon as the door closed I huffed in annoyance.

"I still don't know why you're so keen about buying that place." Frank said quietly.

"The price is reasonable." Xander said. "Less than we decided."

Alexa sat with her phone in her hand without any care in the world.

"But she can't work for him." Frank said. "You have your own things that needs to be done."

"Right now I'm on vacation. I might as well accept his term."