Chapter 4

Katie

It had started again. I had to constantly look out for one of Travis' pranks. It was only the second week and already I'd gotten a bucket of glitter dumped on my head, slipped in the hallway that was covered with maple syrup and a sign on my back that said 'I'm a bigger idiot.' I'd thought there wouldn't be as many now that he didn't have his brother to help him, but I was wrong. They were starting to get on my nerves again. It was time I'd go yelling at Travis, for old time sake. Even if these old times were two weeks ago.

I saw him standing by his locker with some guys I didn't know. I tapped on his shoulder. "Stoll, we need to talk." I said, already glaring at him. He turned around and grinned. "Fancy seeing you here Katie-Kat. I was wondering when you'd come to tell me I was annoying." He looked way to happy about me yelling at him, so the obvious response was me sticking my tongue out at him. Sadly, it only made him smile more. "Don't you ever get tired of this? Why can't you just leave everyone in peace?" "But then everything would be so normal. Where is the fun in that?" I put my hands on my temples "Remember, we were all doing fine until you showed up. Normal isn't a bad thing." He looked like I'd told him something unbelievable. "Yes it is. Normal is boring." He dragged out the 'o' in boring. "Can you at least tone it down a bit? We're still at school and one of these days I'm going to get in trouble for something you did." Travis scratched his chin, as if in thought. "I'll see what I can do for my biggest fan." He slung his backpack over his shoulder (which made way too much noise if you ask me) and went to class. "I'm not your biggest fan!" I called out after him.

Of course the pranks didn't stop, but they got a little less embarrassing and way more weird. One day when I opened my locker, happy birthday began playing loudly, making everyone look my way. "Wait Katie I thought your birthday was in May," Julie said. "Yes it is." "Then why did someone do this?" I shrugged. "To be funny I guess." I smiled, wondering how Travis came up with all this stuff. People were already congratulating me for no good reason. I took my phone out and texted Travis. This wasn't the first time he'd  cracked the code. Hiding stuff in my lockers was one of his favorite tactics.  How do you manage to always guess the combination to my locker? It didn't take him long to respond. Superpowers.

Luckily, I wasn't Travis' only victim. He'd adapted the school bell so it made a fart noise (A/N: I stole that from a movie btw) and put some sort of dye in the pipes which resulted in the football team's hair being green. And by the end of the week, there were few people who hadn't gotten a bucket of water on their head when opening a door. But of course, no one suspected Travis.

Whoosh

"Seriously, what is wrong with this cafeteria food? It's inedible. I'm going to have to start bringing my own lunch or I'll starve," Travis complained with a sour face. As if agreeing to his statement, his stomach roared. I laughed and took a banana out of my backpack. "Do you want it?" Travis looked at it and then shook his head. "No, I can't eat bananas," he said. "Oh are you allergic? That sucks. I'm allergic to peanuts and it can be a real pain." "No, I lost a bet with Connor." I laughed at the absurdity. Then he turned to me again. "Wait you're allergic to peanuts?" "Yes, why?" I turned to open my locker. His eyes widened. I heard the lock click when Travis tackled me to the ground and fell on top of me. I stared at his face way too close to mine. When I finally tore away my gaze from his eyes, it took me a moment to think straight again.

"What the Hades are you doing Stoll? Get off me." I kept my voice down so no one would hear me. People were already staring at us. Travis blushed a bit and rolled of me. "Be careful though," he said, "I made a slight miscalculation." When he wasn't blocking the view anymore, I could see my locker again. It looked like it had exploded. For some reason, the ground was covered in peanuts. It would not have been pretty if I'd gotten those blown in my face. I was kinda glad Travis had decided to tackle me. That still didn't explain why tough. He clearly didn't know and thought it would be funny to see what it did to me, or he wouldn't have changed the plan. I looked at Travis and raised my eyebrows, silently asking him what this was all about. He looked like he wanted to punch himself. Without a lot of enthusiasm he said "Happy Peanut Day Katie-Kat."

I burst into a fit of giggles. How did he even come up with this stuff? Peanut Day? What even was that? It didn't help that Travis was looking at the scene like a helpless puppy. Everyone was definitely staring now. Travis seemed to get it together again. He looked around the hallway for teachers. He slammed my locker close and grabbed my hand to pull me up. "Let's run away before they catch us. They don't have any proof." I laughed. "Besides literally everyone seeing it happen." He pulled me around the corner and we sprinted out the door.

"So what now?" I grinned at him. "Now we get out of here." "What about our other classes? I'm pretty sure the teachers are going to notice we're gone." He shrugged. "Maybe you got sick and I made sure you got home okay." "Yeah like my dad is ever going to believe that." I saw a plan was forming in his mind. He was making all sorts of funny face without realizing it. "What if we tell your dad a different story? We can say the sickness was just an excuse we came up with because we had to do demigod stuff." I wasn't looking forward to lying to my dad, but it was the only way to keep us both out of trouble. "I have to admit, you're pretty smart when you want to be," I told him. He took out his phone and held it near me. "Can you repeat that so I can record it?" I stuck my tongue out at him. "That's the last time I'm giving you a compliment." It didn't affect his good mood at all. "Too bad, because I really enjoyed it. I still can't believe Katie Gardner thinks I'm a genius." I swatted his arm. "You know that's not what I said." "Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but since there's no proof thanks to you, it's your word against mine." He gave me a cocky smile. I rolled my eyes at him for what felt like the millionth time today. Soon he was going to give me a headache. "So, what are we going to do?" "Have fun of course." He grabbed my hand again and dragged me along with him.