Chapter 12

Travis

"Hey Katie," I called. She turned around, already looking worried. "What did you do?" I tried my best to look innocent. "Why do you assume I did something?" I asked, avoiding to look her in the eyes. "Travis, you never, ever call me by my actual name," she said with her hands on her hips. "Now, what did you do and how mad should I be about it?" I scratched my neck. "Well you see uhm, there was this kid...and uhm he..." Katie rolled her eyes ."Cut to the chase Stoll," she interrupted me. I opened my mouth to answer, but a scream from down the corridor did the job for me. "Please tell me that has nothing to do with you," Katie said. When I didn't answer, she sighed and muttered curses in Ancient Greek under her breath. "In my defense, he deserved it," I said. But for some reason that didn't seem to make a big difference. Katie glared at me and took me by the wrist. She went into the direction of the sound, pulling me along.

When we got to the scene, I couldn't help but grin. Unfortunately, Katie saw it and hit me on the arm. "Stop smiling, this is serious," she said, but she was biting her lip to contain her own laughter. It looked really cute. I pulled my most thoughtful face. "I agree, it's very serious. Too bad we don't have a clue who's responsible." Katie raised her eyebrows. "Are you kidding me right now?" I put a hand on my chest, as if her question had deeply wounded me. "Of course not Katie-Kat. How can you even suggest that? I never kid, and certainly not about things like this." I gestured to Thanos but burst into laughter at the sight of him hanging from the ceiling by his ankles. "Stop it! You're making me laugh too," Katie said. "Me? You sure it's not the slimy jackass hanging from the ceiling?" I asked. She snorted. "Maybe a little bit."

Once we'd recovered from our laughing fit, Katie was serious again, which sucked immensely. "Travis what if you get caught? This is gonna be bad." "Oh come on Katie-Kat, worrying takes all the fun out of pranks. Besides, I'm not stupid enough to get caught." Katie looked thoughtful. "Hmm I don't know, you can be pretty stupid sometimes." I rolled my eyes. "Is this about the pigeon again?" "No, but thanks for reminding me about that," Katie said while she burst into another fit of giggles. "Great to know my embarrassment is so funny to you," I said.

While Katie was still laughing, I saw the principal coming around the corner. To say that he didn't look happy would be an understatement. "Styx, we need to get out of here," I said to Katie. She didn't move. "We? You're the criminal." Across the hallway, the principal was already yelling at people, demanding to know who was responsible. I took Katie by the hand and pulled her along so he wouldn't see us."Yeah but you're helping me cover it up, which makes you equally guilty," I reasoned. She raised her eyebrows. "Who says I won't sell you out on the spot?" I smirked. "We both know you'd miss me too much if I got expelled. Besides, you know the guy had it coming." She rolled her eyes. "That does not mean you can do things like this." "Why not?" I asked. She didn't have an answer. I smiled triumphantly, which earned me a glare.

"So, what is the plan?" Katie asked me when we turned the corner to get out of sight. "What plan?" I asked her. "The plan that is going to get us the Hades out of here. Please tell me you thought this through before doing it." Before I could give her an answer, she went on. "Nevermind, I forgot who I was talking to. Of course you haven't thought about the consequences. You never do." "Hey!" I protested. "Travis, that's exactly what happened at your last school. That turned out great, didn't it?" Katie said. "Yeah fair point. But since I haven't actually learned anything from that, you're going to have to be happy with the 'run as fast as you can' plan and hope we don't get caught." She sighed. "Why do I even talk to you anymore?" "It beats me. I honestly thought you'd be sick of me by now." Katie chuckled. "Would it make a difference if I was? You're extremely hard to get rid of. You're like a boomerang, you just keep on coming back." "If you don't want a boomerang to come back, than stop throwing it." "What are you saying?" Katie asked confused. I shrugged. "No idea."

"Anyway, Kevin is not going to be happy," Katie said. "Who's Kevin?" I asked her. "Uhm the guy you hung from the ceiling. I don't know if you remember, seeing as it was an entire five minutes ago." "Haha, very funny. I remember, I just didn't know he was named after a minion." "What is it with you and names? Are they too hard for you to remember?" I shrugged. "Why should I waste space in my brain by knowing whatever that idiot is called?" "I don't know it tends to come in handy to know someones name when you're talking about them. That way people actually understand what you mean. You should try it some time." "Meh. Where's the fun in that?"

"Mr Stoll. Miss Gardner. Where do you two think you're going?" We stopped dead in our tracks at the principals voice. "The bathr-" I was interrupted by Katie stomping on my feet. I glared at her, but she just ignored me. "We were just going to the library sir," Katie said. The principal squinted at us. "You don't happen to know anything about who's responsible for the debacle in the hallway, do you?" Katie and I looked at each other with our best 'confused' faces. "No sir, why would we?" The principal still looked suspicious, but left us alone.

"What was that for?" I asked Katie, referring to my broken (okay maybe it's an exaggeration) foot. "That hurt." She rolled her eyes and pointed in the direction from where we came. "The bathrooms are that way you idiot." "My bad."

Okay so I know I'm being extremely vague about what it is exactly Travis has done. It's not a mistake, I'm just really bad at coming up with these thing. (probably shouldn't have admitted that)

Anyways I hope you still liked it. Until next time!