Chapter 17

I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around, thinking Travis had come back to annoy me. But when I turned around, it was Brian. Of course it is Katie, he's your date stop forgetting it. "May I have this dance?" he asked. I took him up on his offer and laid my hands on his shoulders, while he put his on my waist. It seemed he hadn't drunk too much of the punch. He was still acting normal, thank the Gods.

We danced around for a bit until Brian's face came closer to mine. Styx. Maybe the punch had given him a little more confidence. Thanks a lot, Mr. D. He was leaning in and I realized what was about to happen. But did I even want to kiss him? "Why not? He's a great guy," I thought. "But he's not Travis," a voice said. I told it to shut up and focused back on Brian. But when he got too close, I knew this wasn't what I wanted. I pulled away, stammering. "I-I'm sorry. I can't- I can't do this." He looked confused. I turned around and ran through the doors into the hallway.

Small whoosh

I heard footsteps and looked up, at first I thought it would be Brian, but it was Travis. "You okay Katie-Kat?" I looked away. "I'm fine," I muttered. "Very convincing. I thought I told you you're a terrible liar." "Just go away Travis, you're only making it worse." "I do that quite a lot you know." He smiled at me, making the butterflies in my stomach flap around again, fueling my anger at them, me and Travis. But seeing as I couldn't go yelling at myself or the metaphorical butterflies, Travis got the whole load of it. "Can't you ever take anything seriously? Go away." I wasn't exactly yelling, but he could definitely tell something was wrong. I so desperately wanted him gone, but at the same time needed him to stay. He frowned. "Kates what's wrong?" I exploded. "Nothing is wrong!" He tried to put his hand on my arm but I swatted him away. "NO! I said leave me alone!" "Why are you yelling at me?" I paused. But I couldn't take it anymore. "Because I like you! There. I said it. Happy now? I like you and I don't want to because I'm going mad thinking about you, wondering if you feel the same, telling myself you don't, but having hope anyway. And I have no idea why, so please Travis, tell me. Tell me, because it's driving me crazy trying to figure it out." I was breathing heavily from all the yelling. Travis was staring at me, his mouth hanging slightly open. I didn't blame him, I probably looked like a wild animal. "Fine. If you're not going to say anything,I'll just-" Before I could finish his lips crashed into mine.

I held his head with my hand and he pulled me closer. There we were, kissing in our school hallway without anyone disturbing us until a voice startled us and we broke apart. "Finally!" Travis and I looked in the direction of the vaguely familiar voice. Looking at us was a women in a silvery robe with her blond hair up. She was obviously a goddess and judging by the amount of make-up on her face, it wasn't hard to figure out that in front of us was Aphrodite, the goddess of love. I'm not only the goddess of love, you know. "Wait was that you?" I asked her, not at all comfortable she was reading my mind. "How do you that? Also, stop doing it!" She rolled her eyes. "Oh come on, it was just harmless fun. And it's not like I can read your minds all the time, only when you were thinking of each other. Which I must admit, you do quite a lot." I quickly glanced at Travis before looking away again to hide my blush, even though I had a feeling he was blushing too. Travis tried to change the subject. "Why do you look the same? Aren't you supposed to change appearances the whole time?" he asked. Aphrodite didn't seem to like his question very much. "I'm not supposed to do anything. Do you know how exhausting it is to constantly change your appearance? Especially when there are multiple people in the room. It's very confusing and tiring so I only do it when I need to prove a point. But I already did that with you guys." I frowned. What was she talking about? "What do you mean prove a point? Which point?" "That you're totally made for each other of course. I have to admit, it was harder than most times I set people up. Do you have any idea how stubborn you are? With most people I don't even have to resort to talking to them in their mind. But you guys just kept telling me to shut up! Me! Do you have any idea how much fun Athena had when she saw two teenagers telling me what to do? It's gonna take at least a millennium before she stops talking about it."

Travis and I looked at each other, unsure what to do. Was Aphrodite going to punish us or was she just going to yell at us some more? "Excuse me, but can we go now?" Travis asked. "Absolutely not! You're going to stand here and listen to the lengths I had to go to to get you two to admit your feelings whether you like it or not. I have other stuff to do too, you know. But I didn't even get to it because I was too busy with keeping you from doing anything stupid. Not that you listened to me. You went out with that other boy anyway. At least he was a little more helpful." Oh Gods what did she do this time. "Wait, what did you do to him?" She shrugged. "I just made him a little more boring, kept telling him silence was better than saying something stupid. At least someone listens to me," she said while glaring at us. I opened my mouth to protest but she went on before I could even start. "Oh don't make a fuss about it. In the end, it wouldn't have made any difference if I hadn't interfered. But I was getting bored of watching you two being idiots. Besides, I'm setting him up with one of your friends. They're a way better match, trust me."

"Are you done?" I asked her. She may have been a goddess, but this was getting ridiculous. She huffed. "I am an ancient being. No one can speak to me like that." Travis jumped in. "That's weird because she just did." I glared at him for being the reason we were getting killed. Aphrodite wasn't too happy with him either. "I should destroy you for lack of respect." Travis acted like he was considering the option. "But don't you think pulverizing us would be a complete waste of your time? I mean, think of what all the other gods will say when they find out you put al that effort in getting us together for nothing." Aphrodite didn't seem to have a response to that. After a while, she gave up. "You could be at least a little more grateful. Don't think I am spending any more time on the two of you." She disappeared in a flash that temporally blinded us.

When the dots were gone, I smacked Travis' arm. "Why did you do that? You could have gotten us killed," I scolded. He only grinned and rubbed the painful spot on his arm. "She was interrupting. I needed to do something about it." He brought his face closer to mine. "Now, where were we?" I rolled my eyes, but kissed him anyway. Travis may be an idiot, but now he was my idiot.

THE END

Omg that was the last chapter this feels so weird right now I never finish these things. I hope you guys liked it and I want to thank you all for sticking with me until the end. Bye and maybe until next time! xxx