2

My beautiful Jade. The first time I saw her was indescribable. She looked so happy holding her books to her chest smiling from ear to ear. She walked past me and our eyes locked. I felt everything stop around me. My breath caught into my throat and I didn't know how to move anymore. Her forest green eyes looked through mine. They had something I always wanted but I was quite oblivious of and unfamiliar with.

I've always observed her from afar. She was a smart girl who was aware of her future. She knew what she wanted. I wasn't creeping around. She said that herself in class.

A flower was the reason for us to have our first conversation. A gorgeous white rose in the middle of red roses. A unique flower. We talked for hours about the rareness of being different. She was very talkative, unlike me. The shy nerd with an unclear future.

I began to question everything. No. I began to see everything. I was a small human in one of the most religious places having wild thoughts about a woman.

A woman who's like a flower. If you don't take care of it, care for it, love it. It will die, from the inside and out. Women are poetry. You feel them, you pour your soul into them and you express your desires and lustful thoughts to them.

She was my flower. She was my poem and my inspiration. I wanted to love her more. I wanted to look her in the eyes and give them a promise. If our love was wrong I will ecstatically stay in the wrong, for her.

My love was deep. But it wasn't deep enough. It wasn't enough for her to believe in it. It wasn't enough for her to hold on into it. I wasn't enough.

Rainy October day. Running in the field hand in hand. Our laughter was booming. I felt happy and I felt...Loved. I pulled her to my chest and leaned my cheek on her soaked head. Our hearts hammered inside their cages. It was cold but neither of us dared move from the warm embrace.

"Jade...it is meant to be."

She gazed up at me with her watery eyes. I could tell she was crying. Her eyes were red. I slowly put my hand on her cold cheek caressing it with my thumb.

"Promise me Jade..."

"It's wrong"

"I'm scared you'll forget...about me...'

She held me tighter and we stood there under the grey sky. The world felt our sorrow. It is fated to miss this unconditional love with the intention of yearning for it more. To see where our broken hearts would lead us, would they find each other again?

Apparently someone has seen us kiss and her parents were informed. She had a choice to either stay here or leave with me. She chose to stay. For me, my father has learned about the relationship Jade and I had and he cut all ties. He stopped paying the school so I had to leave.

That day in the field where we held each other and cried was the last time I ever saw my Jade...