5

When I finished I went looking for Mrs. Barns to see if she needed anything else. I walked into their back yard to a well cut grass and large field. Mrs. Barns sat on her usual chair under a tree. If you don't know where to look for her she will most definitely be here listen to the birds sing. But lately she rarely leaves this spot and I think I have a felling on why she was like this.

"Ah. Malakai I was looking for you. Sit my child"

I sat on the grass and leaned on the tree facing Mrs. Barns.

"I know you feel that my time is near..."

"Mrs. Barns don't say that..."

She waved her hand for me to let her speak.

"I can feel it too. I'm waiting for it. That's why I need you to do something for me Malakai"

I scouted next to her and laid my head on her lap while she brushed my hair gently. She was the mother I've never had. She was there for me when no one was and I don't think I can take losing her too. I felt my tears stream down my face as she kept patting my head gently in a southing motherly way.

I stood looking down at the casket being put into the grave. My tears kept going down nonstop. Mrs. Barns is gone and I was left alone once again. My hands were in fists and my knuckles were turning white.

I was wearing a black suit that she bought me a couple of years ago when I joined her to one of her friend's parties. My long hair was brushed back. I wiped my tears harshly with the sleeves and left the grave yard putting my hat on.

I didn't know where I was going. I was headed wherever my feet took me. I kept walking and walking until I found myself on a hill. I could see the whole town from here, lights brightened every corner of it and it was one beautiful view.

I took my hat off and slumped on the floor too tired to move I just laid there gazing at the stars. The moon was so bright and beautiful. I put my hand up to the sky and I remembered the times Jade and I would sneak out of our rooms and go to the roof waiting passionately for a shooting start to make a wish, which put a sad smile on my lips. A small light in the sky caught my eye. A shooting start...

The next morning I walked in the kitchen still in the clothes from yesterday, I slept on that hill. I felt a body collide with mine so hard it almost made me lose my balance. I looked down at Jade who was hugging me like her life depended on it. I rubbed her back gently and asked her what was wrong. She pulled away with a look of disbelief.

"What's wrong?! You disappear the whole night and you're asking me what's wrong?!"

Her face was red and I can almost see steam coming out of her ears. She was worried about me. I felt a warm feeling in my chest when I realized she was scared something bad has happened to me.

"Why is your suit dirty?! Are you hurt? Why aren't saying anything!"

I smiled softly at her and walked closer to her taking away her hand from her forehead a habit she has when she's thinking hard. I grabbed it gently and she watched me curiously. I guided it to my lips and planted a small kiss on it.

"Jade... I'm okay. I promise"

I put her hand to my chest and held it close reassuring that I was fine and nothing has happened to me. I know she could feel my fast heart beats. I pulled her by the waist and just stared at her lips I could feel her breath on my lips. She was waiting for me to kiss her but I just stood there watching her debate with herself if she should do it or not. I leaned in to capture her lips...

"Don't..."

I looked up at her eyes and she was already staring into mine.

"... do that to me again" With that said our lips met and I felt bliss. I felt complete. She was my missing piece. She was everything I've ever dreamt of. My Jade...