10

There's only one tree we all know. Mrs. Barns' favorite spot!

Chris, Jimmy and Joe were still in the waiting room looking more worried than her parents. I think they already know me, her mother gave me a dirty look and her father bumped his shoulder hard against mine. I saw Joe ready to follow him but I stopped him and told him it wasn't worth it.

"Let's go I think I know where to start looking"

We got back to the house to look, I didn't know what Jade meant by under the tree, but that was the only clue we had.

I went next to the tree and circled around it but nothing was interesting. We heard something like wood breaking so we all pointed our guns to the direction of the noises. We realized Jimmy tried to sit on Mrs. Barns chair and ended up breaking it.

"Jimmy that was Mrs. Barns' favorite chair!" I sighed.

"Sorry Kai I didn't know it would break"

"It's fine I'll fix it later" Joe and Chris gave him a hand to get up while I picked up the broken pieces of the old chair. I noticed a metal looking thing on the grassy ground and I tried to pull it but it was fixed.

I got up and stumped hard on top of it, hearing what seemed like a wooden floor. I swiped off all the dirt and rocks on top of it to find a small door that will probably lead us, under the tree.

"Guys I need a little help here, please"

We pulled it open to be faced with a ladder, it was dark and dusty. Chris handed me a flashlight to see where I was going.

It was a room, who was probably used for storage. It was filled with random boxes, broken furniture and stuff that belonged in an attic. We walked further in the room to find, a little girl sleeping in a small bed. She had dark hair and pale skin. Almost similar to George and young Mrs. Barns, that must be Anastasia. She was a little skinny and petite for an 8 year old, like she was starved. Poor little girl.

I gently brushed her long locks behind her ear, so innocent. I felt sorry for her, she went through a lot and she didn't even reach the age of 10. I can't imagine all the things she saw.

Chris was waiting next to the ladder while Joe waited for us up there, in case that bastard showed. Jimmy was the one who walked in deeper with me. Before I can pick her up, George came from a room that I didn't notice earlier. Jimmy pulled his gun out but George shot him in the shoulder and chest. I reached for my gun but I was stopped. Anastasia was now up and she looked terrified.

"I won't do that if I was you Malakai Austen. The girl who ruined my life"

With the corner of my eye I saw Chris slowly tip toeing towards us, I discreetly told him to wait with my hand.

"I didn't ruin your life you moron. You did it yourself, you lost everything. She hates you, she always did."

I can see I was only making him upset, means my plan is working perfectly. He suddenly started to laugh like maniac, I looked at him confused.

"If she hates me, then she'll definitely hate what I put inside her. She'll never forget my face. I'll consume her thoughts. She'll see me in that child in her stomach. I win, Malakai."

"Anastasia, I want you to close your eyes and ears okay sweetie. Everything is going to be alright"

When I saw her eyes and ears closed I tackled George to the ground holding his hand that held gun. I punched his ugly face hard while he struggled to push me off and release his hand from my grip.

"Chris get her out! Now!"

I saw George's hand slowly point to my side, I quickly reached for my gun and gunshots were heard. Then everything went dark.

If loving Jade was the reason for all my torture, I'll happily receive it. If missing her was a mistake, I'll gladly stay mistaken. If she was my death, I'll embrace my end with a warm a smile.

My heart beats for her. My head only knows her name. She was the air that went into my lungs. She was my moon that lighted the darkest nights. She was my beautiful flower.

She'll forever stay in my heart, my head and thoughts. I still see her face and hear her voice in my imagination. My lips will forever remember her soft skin. My hands will never forget the curves of her body, so beautiful and warm. Her lovely scent still lingered in my memory.

I will never stop loving Jade...