07

[Flying Solo]

"Where did the rest of your band go?" a boy wondered.

"Wait, were those holograms?" a girl in a purple wig questioned.

"Yes!" Julie said, pointing at the girl. "Yes, they were holograms. Cassie and I plugged them into the ceiling projector before the show. We'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff." Everyone clapped.

"That's wild," Luke said. "They could see us when we were playing but not when the music ended."

"We should double check," Reggie decided as he patted Luke on the chest before going to the stairs and circling his hips. "Yeah, I don't -- I don't think they could see us!"

"I wish I couldn't see you," Alex muttered.

The principal told the students to leave. "Okay, people, back to class."

Julie said to the music teacher, "Mrs. Harrison, I am so sorry for not asking for permission."

Cassandra nodded. "I am, too. We just wanted to show you Julie belongs here."

"As amazing as that was, your spot has already been filled by another student," Mrs. Harrison said.

They watched as a boy dragged a cello too big for him down the stairs.

"Come on, that thing is way too big for him!" Julie protested.

"He'll grow into it," Mrs. Harrison told them. "I wish that I could help you, but my hands are tied."

Principal Lessa walked up to the three. "Mine aren't, and as much as I didn't approve of this little stunt that you two pulled, I will not go down in history as the principal who kicked Julie Molina out of the music program."

Julie and Cassandra chuckled and exclaimed, "Thank you!"

"But... when you two win your first Grammy, I want to be thanked."

"Definitely."

"Congratulations!"

"Oh! Aw!" Mrs. Harrison exclaimed, hugging the girls. "Welcome back." She chuckled, as did Julie and Cassandra.

The teens ran back to their best friend.

"Wow, you did it," Flynn said in a blunt tone.

Julie smiled and replied, "Thanks to you."

Flynn didn't return their smile and instead asked, "When did you guys start playing with a hologram band?"

"It was just one song," Cassandra reasoned.

Julie nodded. "Yeah, we're not a band. They are, we aren't."

"Why have you two been keeping those cute boys a secret?" Flynn wondered.

"There's a reason for that. It's really crazy."

"I'm all about crazy. Let's hear it."

Cassandra's eyes widened slightly as she chuckled awkwardly and said, "Uh, they're from, um, they're from Sweden."

Julie nodded. "Turns out they're not only great at making meatballs, but also great at making music. Anyway, who's excited that I'm back in the music program?" She did jazz hands and Cassandra smiled.

Flynn frowned. "Are you guys lying to me?"

Julie and Cassandra exchanged a look before looking at the ground and saying, "Yeah. Yeah we are."

"Since when do we lie to each other?"

"Flynn... I'm sorry."

""I'm sorry?" That's all you two have got?"