15

[Finally Free]

The doors to the dance studio opened and Julie and Cassandra rushed in.

"Oh, Julie, Cassie, how nice of you two to join us," the dance teacher said.

"We're so sorry," the girls apologized.

"I overslept," Julie added.

"Take your spots," the dance teacher told them.

Cassandra and Julie walked to either side of Flynn and began repeating what the teacher was doing.

"So... Why didn't you wake us up?" Julie asked. "We missed our first three classes."

"Julie, you said you two were never gonna show your faces at school again, and I'm a very literal person," Flynn replied. "Cassie left before I got up."

Cassandra glanced at Flynn. "Important sister comfort needed. That always comes first." She let out a sigh. "It's okay. It's those stupid ghosts we're really upset at. We'd kill them if they were already dead."

"Having a band is supposed to help your social lives, not ruin them."

"Ex-band," Julie and Cassandra corrected.

"Right. Sorry. Ex-band."

Cassandra pursed her lips. "It's all so messed up. Jules and I thought they were in this with us. But obviously we were wrong."

"Hey, don't blame yourselves. You two can only be so strong when three cute ghosts ask you to join a band. And speaking of cute," she focused on Julie, "have you talked to Nick today? He was pretty chatty at the dance."

"No, and I'm kind of dreading it," Julie replied. "At least I know I won't see him in this class." Something caught her eye. "You've got to be kidding me."

"What?" Flynn and Cassandra asked before looking back to see a group of boys walking towards them; including Nick.

"What are they doing here?" Julie whispered.

"Right on time, Coach Barron," the dance teacher said. "So, students, Coach Barron and I have decided that his lacrosse team will be part of our class for a few weeks. Many pro-athletes have used dance to help them with coordination and mobility."

"This isn't about flirting with girls," Coach told the boys who laughed. "It's about making us better so we can actually win a game. We lost against Burbank. Burbank!"

"Well, let's all remember that composure is a big part of dance. Everybody pair up."

The boys went to find a dance partner. One approached and found a spot with Flynn.

"No, no, no," Julie and Cassandra said.

"I'm sorry," Flynn apologized as she was led away.

"Don't leave me. Please." Julie and Cassandra held their hands out.

Toby smiled. "Hey, Cassie."

Cassandra offered a light smile. "Hi. You ready for this?"

"I hope so. I'm gonna follow your lead, if that's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Hey," Nick greeted as he walked up to Julie.

"Hey, you," Julie replied awkwardly.

The dance teacher said, "So, ladies, let's do what we learned last week, and we will perform this with the boys this Friday. Coach Barron and I will demonstrate."