24

The group made their way home. They were in a conga line chanting Stand Tall. Cassandra was joining the Molinas for a small celebration.

"You two and your Phantoms were unbelievable tonight," Ray complimented. "You know, I'd like to thank them for bringing music back into your life."

Julie smiled before saying, "I already did. But I didn't thank you, Papi." She gave Carlos her dahlia and hugged her father.

Cassandra gave Carlos her dahlia and hugged Ray as well.

Carlos looked at the dahlias a moment then said, "Hey, Julie, Cassie, can I talk to you two for a second?"

Jade nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, uh, just give us a minute." The two were going to the garage.

"Okay, I'll wait up. Don't ghost me." He winked.

Cassandra's eyes widened and she quickly brushed it off with a smile.

---

The garage was dark; almost pitch black. The girls opened the door. The two held hands tightly.

Cassandra let out a sigh before saying, "I... I know we already said this, but, uh... Thank you, guys."

"You're welcome," Reggie said.

"Dude!" Luke protested.

Julie turned on the lights. She and Cassandra saw the ghosts on the floor, barely able to lift themselves from the ground.

Cassandra's chest tightened and she was very nearly gasping for air as she asked, "Why... Why are you here? I thought-"

Another jolt hit the ghosts.

Julie looked around and said, "No -- no! Cassie and I thought you guys crossed over! Why didn't you cross over?"

"I guess playing the Orpheum wasn't our unfinished business," Alex replied as the four attempted to sit up.

"Point Caleb," Reggie muttered.

"We wanted you to think we crossed over, so we pretended to," Luke told the girls. "We just -- we had nowhere where to go."

"We thought you'd go straight to bed," Reggie said.

"Yeah, well, I knew they were gonna come out here, but nobody ever listens to me," Alex argued as he stood.

Yet another jolt hit the ghosts.

Cassandra cried as she said, "You have to save yourselves! Go join Caleb's club. Please! It's better than not existing at all."

"Please just go," Julie begged. "Go! Poof out! Do something! Please! Do it for me and Cassie!"

Reggie shook his head. "We're not going back there."

Luke made his way to the girls. "No music is worth making, Julie, Cassie, if we're not making it with you." Julie and Cassandra looked at him tearfully. "No regrets."

Without a second's thought, Cassandra threw her arms around Luke. She sniffled and said, "I love you guys."

Luke started glowing and Cassandra stepped back. "How can I feel you?"

"I... I... I don't know. I..." Luke replied as Cassandra gasped and touched his cheeks. In return, Luke sniffled and touched her cheeks a moment before taking her hands. He turned to his bandmates. "I feel stronger." He turned back her.

Julie and Cassandra looked between the other ghosts before saying, "Alex, Reggie, come."

The other two joined the group and they hugged each other and Reggie said, "Whoa... I... I... I don't feel as weak anymore."

They pulled away from the hug as Luke chuckled.

"Yeah, me neither," Alex agreed. "Not that, you know, I was ever weak." The group chuckled.

The ghosts held their wrists up, watching as Caleb's stamp disappeared.

"What do you think that means?" Julie and Cassandra wondered.

"I think the band's back!" Luke replied, causing everyone to smile.

Reggie chuckled once more before Alex asked, "You guys think we can try that hug thing one more time?"

Reggie nodded and chuckled before saying, "Yeah."

The five shared another hug.

"Hugs are good," Alex commented as they pulled away.

"I like this," Reggie admitted.

Cassandra nodded and smiled as she and Julie said, "Me too. Aww!" Everyone let out a chuckle.

The five hugged and jumped in a circle. As they did so, Julie and Cassandra exclaimed, "We played the Orpheum! Whoo!"

"Yeah, we did!" Luke cried, causing the group to giggle.

Things seemed to be looking up. The ghosts had no club stamp, the band was back, and Caleb was gone; or so they thought.

---

Cassandra entered her house and flopped on the couch.

Carrie walked up and sat next to her twin.

"That was a great show," Carrie said.

Cassandra yawned and smiled. "Thanks, Care. Hey, where's Dad?"

"I'm not sure, but the entire ride home he kept muttering, "How is that possible?" He must have said it at least twenty times. It was almost like he recognized them, but I don't know how he would. You and Julie said they were holograms."

Cassandra chuckled awkwardly. "Why would Dad recognize three holograms? That's just nutty!"

Carrie frowned as she stared a her sister. "You're being weird, but I'm gonna assume it's because you're tired. Sleep well, Cass, and great performance."

"Thanks. Night, Care."

"Night, Cass."

---

The next day, Nick and Toby, flowers in hand, made their way to Julie's, and rang the doorbell. Cassandra needed some homework help, so Julie offered to tutor her.

A whoosh sounded and Caleb said, "How sweet. The broken-hearted teenagers fighting for their girls."

"Do I know you?" Nick and Toby asked.

"You two will."

Nick and Toby gasped and a purple smoke entered their mouths as Caleb possessed them. Wind howled and bones cracked.

"I have a fight too," Nick/Caleb and Toby/Caleb said.

Julie and Cassandra opened the door and smiled. "Hi, Nick! Hi, Toby!" The boys handed the girls the flowers with a devious smile.

Julie and Cassandra sighed and said, "Thanks."