10

[I Got the Music]

Julie stood by her locker as she hummed I Got the Music.

"Hey," a boy in a marching band uniform said as he jogged up to Julie.

"Hmm?" Julie hummed, pulling out her earbuds.

"Are you done? I need my sticks back."

Julie frowned and looked in her back pocket to see drumsticks. She handed them to the boy with a frown. The boy walked away.

Flynn and Cassandra walked up to their friend.

"Hey, what's up?" Julie asked.

Flynn smiled. "Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self."

"Thanks?"

Cassandra grinned. "Trust me, Jules. That's a good thing."

"So how's the band?" Flynn asked. "Still hot? Still talented?" She glanced around. "Still dead?"

Julie chuckled. "Amazing. Luke, Cassie and I spent the whole weekend writing songs. Come on. You wanna hear some of them?"

"Duh!"

The girls made their way to the music room and Julie said, "Like it was flowing through me, like when Cassie and I used to write years ago."

Cassandra smiled softly. "It was quite therapeutic."

Julie bumped her friend's shoulder and chuckled. "Yeah, it was."

Julie and Cassandra sat on the piano bench and Flynn stood in front of them.

The curly-haired teen said, "So, this is the first song Luke, Cassie and I wrote." She took out a few papers that had been scribbled with notes. "Here's a bit of the chorus."

She played part of the chorus of Edge of Great.

Flynn smiled widely. "Wow! I like it! Definite Gaga vibes."

Cassandra nodded. "I totally agree with that comment, and thanks! I think we have an anthem with this one. It's something Julie and her mom worked on, and one I helped out with. Luke, Julie and I finished it with her help. Check it out."

Cassandra played the melody as she looked at another sheet and she and Julie began singing once again to Stand Tall.

Flynn said, "That's... That's beautiful. And my girl Cassie has got a crush, and his name is Luke."

Cassandra frowned. "No, I don't."

Julie nodded. "Sorry, Cassie, but she's right. Since they first appeared, you've been sneaking second glances. You're not as stealthy as you think."

"He's a ghost," Flynn reminded the dirty blonde-haired girl.

"Exactly! A ghost," Cassandra emphasized.

"A cute ghost."

"With an adorable smile. Wait, wait. You two heard nothing!"

"Ha!" Flynn exclaimed. "I knew it! Just remember he's made of air."

"Cute air." She covered her mouth quickly. "Someone change the subject, please."

"Just don't get hurt, okay? Obviously you guys have a connection. Everybody's talking about when you're gonna play again."

"Play again? We don't even have anything planned. Luke, Julie and I have just been focused on writing songs."

"Lucky for you two, your marketing team has been way ahead of you two."