09

Julie opened the studio door and said, "Thanks for coming. We just wanted to rehearse the song so it was perfect, which it's not, but whatever."

"No, if I'm gonna hear a song from your imaginary ghost band," Flynn did air quotes, "I want it to be perfect. So get back in there...  All of you." She gestured to where Julie and Cassandra were. "You too."

Julie and Cassandra laughed. "They're not out here."

"Oh, I know." She entered and Julie closed the door.

"All right, guys, you ready?" Julie and Cassandra asked the ghosts.

"Yeah, of course we are," Luke replied.

"Yeah," Alex agreed. "We are going to rock this."

Reggie glanced at Julie and Cassandra. "Can you tell her to move? I need space to rock out."

Cassandra smiled briefly. "Actually, can you go over there, please? Reggie needs space to rock out and he feels weirded out walking through you."

Flynn laughed. "Boy, when you two create a world, you really live in it."

Julie sat Flynn down in a chair. "If you'll notice, there's no equipment here that will produce a hologram. Feel free to look around."

Julie went up to the piano, sighed, and said to Flynn, "The guys took a poem that I wrote about you and turned it into music. I'm not sure how much they messed with Cassie's song."

Cassandra nodded. "They added a melody as well. One I rather like, but that still doesn't excuse them from taking it from my jacket."

Flynn crossed her arms. "Awe, I wish I didn't have to talk to your dads after this."

"It's called Flying Solo." She started playing on the beat pad.

Cassandra tapped her microphone to the beat.

The boys jumped in, causing Flynn to scream.

Cassandra and Luke sang into the same microphone and smiled at each other.

The five sang and danced along.

Luke flipped his guitar over his shoulder with a grin.

Flynn gasped as she stuck her hand through Reggie who said, "Weird, right?"

"They're ghosts!" Flynn cried.

"Oh, we prefer, uh, musician spirits," Alex told her.

"Julie, Cassie, does this mean you'll both join our band?" Luke asked.

"Um, actually I think you're joining their band," Flynn corrected, causing Luke to shrug.

Julie and Cassandra grinned. "I'm gonna go with what she said."

Julie turned to their mutual friend. "Still wanna talk to our dads?"

"No, I'm good." The girls hugged.