CHAPTER THREE

TWO GENTLEMEN OF CAPESIDE

Heather laughed as she stood by Joey's locker, listening to the Potter girl's tales of her summer with AJ "—And then I spilled red wine all over his mother's white dress. It was... humiliating."

"And yet I bet her dress was not as red as your face."

Joey swatted the Leery girls hand away from pinching her cheeks but grinned "AJ said it was the moment he realised he loved me."

"Aww, preppy boy likes 'em clumsy." Heather snickered but smiled "I'm really happy for you, Jo."

The brunette smiled sheepishly, tucking her hair behind her ear before raising an eyebrow "Speaking of happy, you never actually told us the dirty details of you and Pacey..."

Heather sighed as she rolled her eyes "I mean what's there to tell? We spent over 100 days on a small boat in the middle of the ocean. Of course we had sex. It's not a big deal."

Joey narrowed her eyes "And uh, just how many days into your trip did you first give into temptation?"

"Er, oh, I don't know..." she tilted her head, pursing her lips before grinning sheepishly "Um, before we left the dock?"

Joey laughed with wide eyes "Seriously?"

"We just admitted that we were in love with each other after weeks apart." Heather shrugged with a soft smile "It felt right."

"Well," Joey hesitated, looking at her almost nervously "how... was it?"

Heather smiled "It wasn't like the movies, we didn't have candles and rose petals, or even a bed for that matter. It was... perfectly imperfect, like Pacey and me. What about you?"

Joey froze before clearing her throat "What about me?"

"You and AJ." Heather's eyebrows raised "You guys didn't—?"

The Potter girl sighed as she slumped against her locker "I just— I couldn't bring myself to do it. Not with everything so up in the air with..."

"Dawson." Heather murmured knowingly before sighing "Jo, you can't put your life on hold to spare my brothers feelings."

Joey nodded a little, biting her lip but before she could respond, a boy made his way to stand beside her "Well, hey there, Potter." He glanced from the now scowling girl to Heather "Are you going to introduce us, Joey?"