CHAPTER FOUR

HAPPY UN-BIRTHDAY JENNIFER LINDLEY

It was Heather's night off from the family restaurant while her mother interviewed Gretchen for the bartending job, while Dawson served the Capeside masses and her father was busy with football practice, leaving her the house to herself. Pacey was lounging on her bed, book in hand as the Leery girl busied herself in her closet. He flicked through a few more pages fruitlessly before groaning "I'm bored."

"Good."

"Good?" He gawked at his girlfriend's word's, eyes shooting to the closet "I thought you were supposed to be concerned about me in light of the recent tragedy I've suffered."

She poked her head out to raise an eyebrow "And exactly how would you like me to make it better?"

"Well, since you're asking." He sat up with a sly smirk that gave off a faux sense of innocence "I think I could use a little... cheering up."

Heather scoffed lightly "Oh, so you want me to put on my old uniform because it turns you on, huh?"

Pacey pursed his lips before shrugging "Well, yeah."

"You mean, like this?"

The Witter boy's mouth dropped as he watched his girlfriend step out of her closest, Minutegirl uniform already in place as she smirked smugly "You know me so well." His hands came up to brace her hips as she stood before the end of the bed, his hand beginning to lift the hem of her skirt "Have you got those cute little Spanx on, too?"

Heather shook her head, biting her lip coyly "I'm not wearing any underwear."

Pacey let out a groan of desire before pulling her down onto the bed as she laughed, his lips attacking her neck as his muffled words tickled her skin "God, I love you."
🛶

Heather's knee bounced anxiously as she sat across from the college advisor brought into Capeside to speak and assist the senior students with their applications and aptitude tests. The Leery girl's stomach churned as she watched Miss. Watson run through her file "--Head cheerleader your junior year, on the planning committee, an almost perfect GPA. Star of the school play last year... and you were suspended sophomore year?"

Heather sighed, fingers puling at a thread in her shirt "That's a long story but uh, there was this teacher, he was kind've a bully, homophobic... it was more a protest than a punishment."

"Well, let's hope the college's you apply to see it that way." Miss. Watson sighed, adjusting her glasses as she peered over at the girl "Where are you planning on attending?"