CHAPTER EIGHT

THE TE OF PACEY

THE TE OF PACEY

"I can't believe you and-and him?"

Heather sighed as she sat up, looking down at the boy on her bed below her "Pacey—"

"No, no!" He cut her off with a scoff "How could you do this to me?"

"Pacey—"

He ignored her "Do I mean nothing to you?"

"Pacey!" Heather groaned and the boy finally snapped out of it "God, I'm sorry, okay?" She gestured to the television in her room as The Mighty Ducks played "I'm sorry I said Adam Banks was my first crush instead of Charlie Conway."

"Look, i-it's fine, I overreacted...." He relented.

But Heather knew him too well and sighed knowingly "But?"

"But I mean, come on!" He gestured wildly to the screen "Me and Charlie... there's just something there, some uncanny resemblance and I feel like when you say you hate him, you hate him."

"I never said I hated him, just that I loved Adam." She defended.

"Same thing." He mumbled before eyeing her "Cake eater."

Heather smiled in amusement as she watched the boy relax back into place "All that matters now is that I love you... even though you can't play hockey to save your life." She placed a soft kiss on his lips "Can we get back to our Estevez Festivez now?"

"Only if you stop calling it that."

Heather smirked as she settled back beside Pacey, nestling into his side, one leg draped over his as her head and left palm rested upon his chest "Never."
🛶

It was a time to celebrate, and one of Heather's favourite days of the year. Pacey Witter's birthday. The Leery girl couldn't control her grin as she snuck towards Gretchen's couch, otherwise known as Pacey's bed. The boy was face down, arm and leg dangling off the edge as his mouth lay open, quiet snores tumbling between his parted lips. But he wouldn't be as,eep for much longer, not with Heather climbing onto the couch beside him, cupcake and candle in hand "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you—" Pacey let out a groan, pulling his blanket over his head but she merely continued to sing, unfazed by his reaction "Happy birthday, dear Pacey, happy birthday to you."

"No." Pacey reluctantly turned to face her "Go away, Leery."

Heather's eyes narrowed as she held the cupcake out in front of his face "You better make a wish before I set this couch on fire."