3

spring is blooming, and spring break is almost here.

"im in love with him."

kyouko and i  have not talked since then. 

i don't understand why feel this way. when i heard her say that, i was fuming with so much anger that i walked away before i could've said anything i regretted. but, she has always been my best friend and i don't know why i am so angry with her. he's just a boy at my school.

my mind could not escape him. no matter what i did. his soft, black hair, flowing in the wind, and his warm smile was all i could think about. i never thought of him this way back in middle school. we aren't even close, but i want him to be mine. i realized i am actually falling in love with him, and it's getting in the way of kyouko's friendship with me. 

i was walking home. holding my books as the sun was slightly setting. i had to stay a little longer to get extra homework done. i saw hori pass by me, but we didn't even give eachother direct eye contact. i could feel eyes on me. 

i entered my home. "hi mom! i'm home!" i said with a smile on my face. i  looked through the kitchen. she wasn't there. i looked around the house for about 5 minutes. she wasn't there. "mom?" i yell from the living room.

"hi, sweetheart!" my mother ran inside the door from the backyard. 

"i'm dumb, i should've checked there for you too." i laughed at her.

"neighbors came by today. i met a mother here!" my mother said happily, cheering.

"it's not that big of a deal. who was it, anyway? i asked her, curiously.

"it was the miyamura household!"

my jaw dropped. "m-miyamura..?" i said, speechless. "did you perhaps.. meet her children?

"yes! there was a boy your age, too! black hair, he seems totally your type." 

i didn't say anything.  there was silence for over a minute. 

"oh! do you mind texting the boy's mother for me? i forgot to return her book she gave me. here's her number." my mom gave me a pink sticky note with writing on it. "sure." i replied to her as i grabbed my phone out to type it in.

  4 𝐔𝐍𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌: "𝐤𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐤𝐨 <𝟑"

i sighed reading that. i shouldn't keep ignoring her. 

𝐘/𝐍, 𝐢𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗲

𝗶 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝘆𝗮𝗺𝘂𝗿𝗮 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽

𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝘁𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻! 𝗶 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂

i'll deal with her later.  at this point, let me just do what mom asked.

                                                                   (xxx)-xxx-xxx)

          hi miss miyamura! my mom forgot to return the book you let her borrow. when you're not busy, can you stop by so you can pick it up?

𝘄𝗵𝗼'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀?𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲? 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿.

when i saw that, i threw my phone across the room. im not kidding.

my mom went to where i was sitting in the living room.

"what was that?" my mom asked in fear, thinking something broke.

my mom picked up my phone.

"no, don't grab that!" i yelled.

my mom grinned. "well, your phone shattered, but here, text your boyfriend."

"my what?" i said, flustered.

"you just threw your phone across the room. your phone is literally the only thing you treasure, but you didn't care when he texted you. you're all flustered."

"mom! stop that!"

she giggled. "you know i wouldn't ask you to text a mom for a book. i have a phone and i could do that.. i just.. set you up." she giggled again. "i remember the young man from your middle school!"

my eyes widened. "seriously mom?" 

"face it, Y/N. you're almost an adult and you're depressed and lonely all the time. i knew you loved him from the start. it's just what mothers do." 

little did i know what would happen that day forward.

𝐀/𝐍

im literally so proud of this chapter lolol anyways thank you guys so much for the attention this book is receiving! im honestly shocked i dont deserve it but thank you guys! i love you <3