Day 19: Lovely Favors & Sweet Human Flavors

Prompt: vampire AU 

Since this isn't the main universe, a little background info/premise;  Four young ninja - Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane - have been recruited as the masters of the Elements of Creation by the mysterious and wise Master Wu.  Though they have progressed quickly in their training and mastery of their Golden Weapons, they've been unable to prevent war from breaking out.  The five serpentine tribes have been released upon Ninjago, and the valiant ninja have been caught in a war for Ninjago City for some time now.  Recently, the war of ninja vs. serpentine has been overshadowed by a new syndicate rising on the streets of Ninjago.  After an encounter where the ninja barely escaped with their lives followed by some research through Wu's ancient tomes, it has become clear that a second ancient evil has returned; vampires.  Caught in a three way stalemate war for their home, the ninja struggle to maintain morale.  None of them have yet unlocked their True Potential, and the famed green ninja has yet to be found.  At this point, their competition for the title has died down under the pressure of war.  ~

Jay breathed deeply, relaxing as the cool forest air entered his lungs.  Even with serpentine and vampires on the loose, a walk through the forest at night always calmed Jay.  The endless green of the dense forest masked by fog soothed Jay.  If he was lost in the woods, nobody could find him, either.  Besides, he wasn't defenseless even if the forest did turn out to be a dangerous place.  He was dressed like a civilian, but his Nunchucks of Lightning were strapped to his shirt, hidden behind his blue jacket.  If any vampires, serpentine, or woodland beasts approached him he could call his Storm Fighter and blast back to the city in record time.

He broke into a run, the cool night air lightly stinging his face.  Jay's smiled turned downward at the continuous buzzing of his phone.  Determined not to let his friends put a damper on his 'me' time, he kept running while he pulled his phone out to type a quick response.

Kai: Where are you, dude?  Haven't heard from you in hours

Zane: If you are out, please buy more cheese

Cole: What, not enough fanged bad guys out there to scare you?  It's after dark, where'd you go? 

Just flew out of the city for a run in th- Jay ran into something and his phone went flying. 

"Sorry, I really need to start watching where I'm going.  Let me help you up"  a soft, mesmerizing voice offered Jay.  He looked up and was dumbstruck by the sight of the most gorgeous woman he'd ever laid eyes on.

"Please, it's the least I can do" she wiggled her outstretched hand, indicating for Jay to take it.  He let her help him stand, struggling to find the right thing to say.

"Here, is this your phone?"  She knelt down to pick up his device.  "It's cracked down the side, did I break it?  How can you tell?"  she fumbled with the phone before finally getting the screen to light up.  Satisfied with her investigation, she pressed the fully functional device into his hand.

"May I ask what you're doing running in the woods so late?"

"What do you mean?" Jay asked, still trying to work up the courage to meet her eyes for more than two seconds before looking away.  His cheeks felt warm.  He really hoped they weren't red...

"Well, you're either going for a night jog or being chased by something terrible."

"Uh-night jog."

"Figures.  The worst thing anyone's ever seen in these woods is an angry raccoon stealing someone's garbage.  Oh- you're bleeding, on your knee.  Let me look at it" she stooped down and inspected the tear in his jeans.  Jay stood rigid, completely still while his brain desperately turned its gears, attempting to determine how he should react.