Day 24: Slow Down

Prompt: Cinema

Can be pretty much set anywhere in the timeline, but I personally see it as after season 6 so they're closer than before ~

Nya placed the drink back in the cupholder between her and Jay and twisted her head to look at her date.  His eyes were glued to the previews playing over the screen as he shoveled handful after handful of popcorn into his mouth, never resting for a moment.

"Are you going to... slow down anytime soon?"  she asked hesitantly. 

"Not really.  We don't get to relax at the movies very often so when we do, I don't feel bad about indulging myself a little"  Jay defended himself.

"That's fine, it's just I know you.  You're gonna get sick ingesting so much buttered grease, and you'll be complaining for hours about getting bits of popcorn stuck in your teeth.  Pace yourself."

"This coming from the woman who sucks down the largest drink the theater serves before the movie starts, then desperately tries to hold it for three hours."

"Fair enough"  Nya took another sip from their drink as Jay munched on more popcorn.  

~

"That was great!"  Jay jumped excitedly and stretched.

"It was pretty good,"  Nya agreed, "although I'm a little sad to see it fall in the usual trap of the fourth movie being a step below the first trilogy."

"I've read people saying that online, but I dunno.  Just because it didn't have all of the main characters from before doesn't mean it can't be as good.  The production quality and immersion in the world is as good as it's always been."

"Yeah, yeah good points.." Nya distractedly tapped her foot rapidly.  "Sorry, gotta go to the bathroom now" she dashed out of the theater into the hallway.

"Ha, yeah, knew that was coming.  Don't say I didn't warn you!"  Jay said smugly.  His smile disappeared suddenly and he stuck a finger inside his mouth, reaching around for something.  "Agh, I can almost get it," he grumbled to himself, "come on! Why did I eat popcorn?!  This always happens to me!"

~ When I talked about the fourth movie thing, I was thinking of a certain series.  I'd say take a guess but a lot of franchises fall under that category... if it helps, the soundtrack is awesome enough that I listen to it frequently.

Wait, am I actually caught up now?! I've been lagging behind almost the entire time, but... day 24... *checks calendar*... on the 24th!  I've done it!

Is this my shortest one yet?  But you know what they say, less is more... except when you need a convincing alibi.  The more details the better, right?  If anyone asks I was here all night...