Day 22: Brightest Light

Prompt: "Not again!"

Set anytime ~

"Did you know the human body literally glows?  It constantly emits a small quantity of visible light."  Kai interrupted the silence at the dinner table.  Everyone looked to Zane to hear the accurate version.

Zane looked up from his plate, seemingly confused to see his friends watching him.  "Kai is correct.  Although the light is only visible with special equipment - the illumination is one thousand times less intense than the light we can see with our eyes.  Of course, I am capable of emitting light that is more than visible."

"Yeah but just from your eyes,"  Jay said, "I can emit a bright glow too!"

"Not without shocking everything around you"  Kai countered.  "At least I can summon really bright flames without burning anything."

"My eyes can glow brighter than anything you are capable of producing."

"Yeah right, they're a gentle glow!  It's not that bright."

Zane didn't say anything, a beeping sound emitting from him.  His eyes brightened and then continued to glow more and more.  The room became so bright it illuminated the night sky outside as the ninja covered their eyes and shouted for Zane to stop.  He obliged, laughing at their surprised scrambling for cover.

Jay poked his head up from under the table tentatively.  "I think your humor switch is broken again."

"I can't see anything!"  Lloyd complained.

~

"All good!" Nya slid the panel back over Zane's head and he stood up.

"Ok, quick!"  Jay popped up in front of Zane, scrolling through memes on his phone.  "You see a poster in an office that says it has proudly been a certain number of days since the last velociraptor incident.  The number of days is zero.  Is that funny?"

"Of course not.  If a velociraptor were loose in a workplace, there is a very high chance civilians would be hurt."

"Hmm, what about a guy who's going to an important event, and he stops to fix up his appearance in the reflection of a car window.  He finishes giving himself a pep talk and sees there's a person inside the car and they've been awkwardly watching the whole time?"

"Do you have many more questions, Jay?"

"Alright, you're fine."

"So he can't blind us again?"  Kai asked.

Zane's only response was to turn up the lights in his eyes again. 

"Ahh no!"  Kai fell over the table and crawled away.

"Not again!"

None of them could see his sly smile.  

~ I dunno.  What is there to say?  Next story should be more serious in contrast to this one that's practically a meme.