round two

"Welcome to The Cross' first class for Boxing! I hope you all came prepared with the correct gear and perfect skills needed. To get started, we first need to get in a different place in the room and face a punching bag." the instructor said and everyone in the room obeyed.

        After what had happened yesterday, I had decided to start Boxing classes, hoping it would protect me from Ashton in the future. It would be hard, but I would have to do it for myself. I knew this would be for the best..

        "Alright, now we have to start out slow. Don't punch it with so much force. Try and calculate your move beforehand." everyone, of course, did the oposite of what he said. I, on the other hand, tried to do what he said. Calculate your moves beforehand.

        I punched the punching bag after knowing where to and how hard. I didn't feel any pain on the first few punches, except looks of surprise and disgust from people in the same class. I ignored them, and continued. The instructor came over and showed me a few other tequniques to hitting the correct spot on your oponent and the punching bag as well.

        "Alright. Take a break." the instructor said and I walked over to the bench where my stuff was.

        As I reached over, I noticed 4 blondes in the corner of the room pointing atme and snikering. The only thing I was interested in, was finishing this class. My gaze flickered to the rght, where I noticed a girl, close to my age, flirting up a storm, with the instructor. He seemed uncomftorable, so I walked over and wrapped my hands around his arm.

        "Hey babe. I've been looking for you." I said in a fake voice as I leaned over to the instructor's ear, whispering, "play along."

        "Hey. I was here the whole time." he said. I smiled a reassuring smile.

        "Can we work on that move you showed me last time?" I asked and he nodded.

        We both walked away, smilling and laughing to one another. When we were out of earshot, he let out a breath of air and smield.

        "Thanks for that. I really needed to get away from her." he said and I nodded.

        "No problem. You looked as if you were in trouble. What's up?" I asked him and he rubbed the back of his neck.

        'Well, that girl has been following me non-stop ever since the class started. Always trying to direct my attention towards her. I, of course, only told her she was doing great and left her alone. She came back, trying to get me to like her and maybe ask her on a date, but that wasn't happening. I don't like her and she is deffinetly not my type..but thanks again." he said as I smiled and nodded.

        "Of course. Anyways, we should probably do it as if we were to be showing me that one move." I said as he nodded and we both walked over to a punching bag.

        I quickly positioned myself correctly and started to punch the bag. The instructor, who was standing next to me, started to show me a few new punches in the air. I copied them and instead, hit the ounchig bag. Once I noticed the instructor left, I stopped and inspected my hands. There were cuts on them, not too badly. I quickly walked over to my stuff, and opened the bag. Suddenly, the 4 blondes, who had been staring at me from afar, came over and knocked my stuff off the bench.

        "Do you mind?" I asked and all of them turned.

        "Not really. By the way, you don't belong here. You will only become weak and hurt yourself. So you better quit. Or else." one of them said and I snorted.

        "Oh please. Like all of you don't belong here as well. So why dont you scurry along to rich daddy and ask him for a new pair of shoes. Because, clearly, you have no sense for opinions." I said as I smirked. All of the girls gasped and walked away. Except for one.

        "You know, you shouldn't have said that. But, you were warned." the girl said before walking away.

        I looked at the girl for 3 full seconds, to be exact, before picking up my stuff. I noticed there was a note inside my bag, I took it out and unfolded it, to find writting very familiar to the one I used to know. I quickly read over the note.

        Dear Maribel Laine,

        I know you know who I am. But I know more about you than you know yourself. Coincidence? I think not. If you don't want your secret exposed, then you better keep quiet about mine. Don't want people knowing Ashton was mad 24/7 instead of greeting you with hugs and kisses like he used to do with his old girlfriends. Keep quiet about my secret, and I won't tell anyone about yours. Kepp your promise, and I'll keep yours. Until later...

        -Kate M.

        I quickly folded the note and slipped it inside my bag. I noticed no one was looking at me anymore, but the instructor, since he was talking about something when hitting the punching bag. I quickly grabbed a wrap and wrapped my hand, until it was completely covered and did the same with my other hand. Afterwards, I walked over to a punching bag and started all over again. I followed the instructor's movements and I followed them perfectly, hitting every more on the punching bag. Everyone was looking at me, which gave me extra confidence. If I knew I were to be watched, then I knew I had to put in the extra effort. The boxing desicion was probably the best thing I ever did.

        *AFTER CLASS*

        Everyone had left, since it was 6:00pm. I, since I had nothing else to do, stayed there for 2 more hours. The instructor, was kind enough to stay and teach me many moves. I guess he was impressed I was the best student in his class. I knew I wasn't that good, but I tried. The only thing that motivated me, was being able to protect myself. I knew it would come with hard work, and I was ready to give all I had. This was going to be something I loved for the rest of my life, because it would rid me of my horrible past I had with Ashton, once he turned angry 24/7, of course. Thanks to the ad, I will now, become my personal bodyguard. For myself. And for my future.