round four

"Maribel! Let's get going! Remember, I my best friend from high school is coming over!" Caleb yelled through the changing rooms as I quickly fixed my hair and changed my shoes to my old fading black converse.

        "Comming!" I said as I quickly shoved everything in my bag, and put on the sweatshirt Caleb lent me.

        Walking out of the changing room, I was greeted with a hug from Caleb as we quickly walked outside. I still remember when I let Caleb stay in my house, which was huge. It used to be mine and Ashton's, but he said it would belong to me since I pretty much payed the whole house. Today, Caleb had invited an old friend from his school over so I would get to meet him. The only thing was, we didn't know what time he would get there.

        "I think that's his car." Caleb pointed to a car which was parked right next to Caleb's and mine's. I noticed a sticker which had the "MMXII" logo on the back bumper. I have seen that somewhere, I just can't remember where.

        "I guess he is here. Let's go introduce ourselves!" Caleb said while dragging me to the house, where a tall blonde boy was sitting on the front porch, tapping away on his phone.

        "Hemmo!" Caleb yelled and my head clouded with thoughts.

        I knew I have heard that name somewhere, I just didn't know where. The boy suddenly stood up, slipping his phone into his back pocket and looking up. I gasped and my eyes widened.

        "Luke?!" I yelled.

        "Maribel?!" he said back, shocked.

        "I guess you both know each other.." Caleb said while walking over to Luke and giving him a "bro-hug." Both of us had a whole distance between us.

        I didn't want to be near him. Not after what happened.

        "Luke! Luke, I, uh, need to talk to you." I said as I walked over to where Luke was sitting in the park.

        He looked over and smiled before motioning for me to walk over and sit next to him. I sat down and sighed.

        "What's up?" Luke said as I noticed his sparkling blue eyes staring into my hazel-green-blue eyes.

        "I, uh, I have a confession to make. Promise you won't hate me?" I said as Luke looked at me thoughtfully before nodding.

        "I promise."

        "Luke, I like you. More than a friend. I have kept the secret from you and I was afraid to tell you because I thought you wouldn't like me back. I know that I am not perfect for you but it's okay, I just really wanted to tell you.." 

        After my confession, Luke stared at me, as if I were to be crazy. A split second later, he started laughing. Not the small giggle but the full on laugh. After exactly 3 minutes, he stopped and wiped a few tears from his face.

        "Oh, Maribel. Do you want me to tell you what I think?" I nodded as he finished, "I. Don't. Like. You. Did you really think I would fall for someone like you? I don't like you. I won't like you. And I never will."

        Tears blurred my eyes when I realized what his answer meant. I ran away, minutes later, only to be followed by Luke.

        "Why cry when no one cares?"

        "Shut up! Just leave me alone, Luke!" I yelled as I ran away back home.

        "Um, wow. What a surprise. I didn't know you knew Caleb." Luke scatched the back of his neck and lightly laughed.