round six

I woke up to the sound of glass shattering. I quickly put on my black vans, fixed my hair, grabbed a bat from the back of my closet and headed downstairs. The bat was only if the guy/girl had a weapon. I noticed that there was glass all over the floor. The next thing was completely unexpected. A guy, mid 30's, came out from around the hall with a gun. I run up to him with the bat ready to strike when he pulls the trigger and shoots my left arm twice. I clutch my arm with my right hand and hit him in the head with the bat, knocking him out cold. I quickly try to make it to the kitchen with my bleeding arm but fall unconcious from the loss of blood.

 *MICHAEL'S POV*

I woke up to the sound of gun shots. I quietly woke up the others and run downstairs to see what had happened. The first thing we saw was the glass shattered all over the floor in the living room. As we made our way to the kitchen, we saw Maribel on the floor with a bleeding arm. I ran to the hall and saw a bat on the floor and a guy with a gun in his hand, unconcious. Running to the kitchen, I grabbed the house phone and called 9-1-1. Afterwards, the ambulance and police cars came in and took Maribel to the hospital. Since the cops knew us, they put caution tape all around the house and escorted the criminal into a police car. All of us quickly got into a car and a cop took us to the hospital. When we got there, we immediately asked the front desk for her. They told us she was in immediate surgery. All of us took a seat in the waiting roo and hoped for the best.

 *5 HOURS LATER*

Seeing everyone come and go, and recieve news while we stayed, slept and waited. After what seemed like ages, a doctor finally called us over to deliver news. I woke up Luke and Calum, who were sleeping peacefully.

"How is she?" we all asked.

"She is recovering. She got shot twice on the left arm and had pieces of glass stuck in her hip. She hasn't woken up yet, but she will be okay."

"When can we see her?"

"Now. She is sleeping but you can stay and sleep in the chairs and fold out beds from the couches."

"Thank you." he quickly showed us her room and we walked in quietly.

She looked bad. First thing I saw was her arm. It was completely bandaged and taped on to secure it. She looked peaceful.

I quickly sat on a chair to the left of the bed and grabbed an extra cover from the cupboard. Everyone else did the same. Once we were all comftorable enough to sleep, we all quickly hoped that she would get better soon and wake up okay. I drifted off into a deepless sleep.

 I later woke up to someone touching my hair and humming with a voice like honey. I opened my eyes and was met by Maribel's green brown eyes and a playful smile on her lips.

"Good morning, Michael."

"Good morning, Maribel. How do you feel?" I asked her and she just smiled.

"I don't feel anything.."

I looked at her wierdly before touching her skin, which imediately bounced inwards on my touch. She smiled and put her hand on the side of my face, resting on my cheek.

"Join me, Michael. Let's be immortal together."

"What?!" I shook my head and pulled away from her touch.

"But, Michael, p-"

"No, you aren't real and this isn't real! Im only dreaming!" I said as Maribel started to disapear like shards of glass shattering.

"Michael, dude, Michael, wake up. WAKE UP!" I felt a slap on the cheek and I immediately woke up.

"Woah, what happend?" I asked as I rubbed my now red cheek.

"Sorry, you were tossing and turning. What were you dreaming about?" Ashton asked.

"Nothing. It was a bad dream. How is she?"

"Hasn't woken up yet. The doctor said she might wake up in a few hours."

"Wait, the doctor came and you didn't wake me up?"

"Sorry, you were sleeping and it was unexpected." rubbing the back of his neck, Ashton continued, "The police came by as well. They said that the guy who shot Maribel is in jail and they have cleaned the house and secured it better. They also gave us a secret number in case something like this happened again and they wouldn't answer fast enough through 9-1-1."

"Okay. Can you wake me up if she wakes up again or if someone comes in to deliver news?" Ashton nodded and I immediately got comftorable once again as Ashton went back to taking a seat next to Luke's 'mini' couch.

I couldn't sleep at all. the only thing that was running through my mind was, "Who would do something like this to her?"