round three

*2 YEARS LATER*

        "Alright, Laine. Keep it comming. Remember, feet planted!" my coach yelled. I nodded as I started to hit my oponent, who was ready and looking at me square in the face.

        My first hit was direct, to the hands, where they were positioned in front of me, covered in a glove, which was also protected, so it wouldn't hurt his hand. I threw one after another, after another, after another, until I was completely covered in sweat. Head to toe. My ponytail was starting to come out so I quickly tied it, better, and finishd the last hits.

        "Alright. That was better, Laine. Kepp improving your upperhits and lowerhits as well. The lowerhits work well when fighting a guy." I climbed down from the ring and smiled.

        I looked over at Caleb, who was sitting on the benches, watching with a wide smile on his face. He got up and walked over. I smiled at him, which he returned gladly.

        "That was amazing, Maribel. Wow, you have gotten better. I guess the classes did pay off." he said and I nodded while breathing out a gasp of air.

        All this fighting, has payed off. The fact that Ashton was, or used to be, mean and angry around me, motivated me to start Boxing Classes. They payed off. After 2 years, I am now a famous boxer, one who started from very early. Nobody really knew me, until I rescued Caleb. You might be wondering, who is Caleb?

        Well, he is an old friend who I found in an alley way while walking home from boxing classes about a year ago. The memory is fresh, and something I will never forget.

        I was just walking home from the ring, when I heard a scream and a whimper.

        I quickly walked to the nearest alley, where I saw a guy, about my age, pushed against the wall and the other guy with his fist in the air, ready to punch him. That wasn't going to happen. Not on my watch.

        "Hey! Leave him alone!" I yelled and all heads turned my way.

        I wasn't scared. Even though they looked tough, they probably weren't.

        "What are you going to do about it, huh? Cry? Send the cops? Your mom?" the man laughed and I walked over and shoved him from the boy, who looked surprised and confused.

        "I said leave him alone!" I said right when I shoved him.

        "Don't push me, little girl. Or you are going to have problems with me." he said as he made himself look tough.

        "Go ahead. I. Dare. You." he quickly swung his fist at me but I dodged and punched him in the gut, where he doubled over in pain.

        "You are going to regret that!" he screamed, through the pain, and swung at me once more.

        I dodged and quickly hit back, omly with more force that the last one. I finally defeated them and I quickly grabbed the boy's hand and dragged him out the alley and ran to my house. I had open wounds in my hands, from the punches, but there wasn't any pain. Once I had gotten home, I quickly let the boy to the bathroom and cleaned his wounds.

        "Why did you do that?" the boy asked and I looked at him.

        "Do what?"

        "Protect me. I don't even know you." I shrugged and finished cleaning his wounds.

        "Your welcome. Go ahead and sit on the couch. I just need to get my hands cleaned up." I motioned to the couch as I walked to the same bathroom and quickly washed my hands before wrapping them in a bandage.

        Afterwards, I came back and noticed that the boy was asleep on the couch. Draping a cover over him, I decided to make some spaguetti, since I would know he wouls be hungry when he woke up.

        After a whole hour, he finally decided to wake up. Once he saw me, his face softened and he smiled weakly.

        "Thanks again for the rescue. I couldn't introduce myself properly. My name is Caleb."

        "It's okay. I am just glad you are safe. Nice to meet you, Caleb. I'm Maribel." I shook his hand and he smiled.

        "Anyways, would you like some spaguetti? I made some and I am super hungry." he nodded and followed me to the dining room, where I served him and myself before sitting in front of him.

        "So, tell me about yourself, Maribel."

        "Well, I am currently taking Boxing lessons. That's how I was able to protect you. I am not a proffesional, but they have told me I might become one since I am excelled in the classes. I enjoy cooking, running and taking my dog out for walks. I also love photography." I said and he smiled, "What about you, Caleb?"

        "Well, I just graduated from high school and trying to keep up with everything. My parents don't want to pay for my college tuition so they told me to try and look for a job. I guess whoever that was wanted something from my parents." Caleb said and I nodded understandibly.

        "Do you need help with anything?" I asked Caleb and he shook his head.

        "Nah, just a place to stay for right now."

        "Why don't you stay here?" Caleb nodded before smilling.

        "Guess I haven't said thanks enough! Thank you again, Maribel." I gave him a hug and we both finished eating before the flashback finished.

(A/N: a photo of Maribel and Caleb on the side)