Chapter 3 ☞︎Welcome Back☜︎

--- means time skip!

-Grace POV-

The train had come to a stop and the real one at that. Me, George, and Fred all exited the train and went to find an empty carriage.

We found one empty and the twins went in. Before I went in I noticed the bony horse-like creatures attached to the carriages.

"What's the wrong shorty?" George said with a chuckle

"N-Nothing" I brushed off the curiosity I had for those strange creatures. I had always loved learning and finding out about magical creatures and hoped to be like Newt Scamander.

That is why I am taking Care of Magical creatures this year. I have always wondered why Hagrid isn't the professor for that. He has always been amazing at taking care of creatures. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Fred clearing his throat, and she hummed a what? in response,

"Ah, Thinking about Potter now are we?" I could feel my cheeks burn. What was with this constant teasing of her and a boy she just met?

I pulled out my wand and tried to think of a hex. I don't know what it was but I randomly shot out with "Cantis" Fred immediately started to sing. 

I had realized after all my laughing that I did not know what that spell did or have never heard of it. It was as if my mind knew the spell for the perfect time. I was cut off by George telling me to stop the curse.

"I don't know how," I said

"What do you mean you don't how" George shot back with

"Like what I meant, that spell came out of now where. I have no clue where I learned it" I explained

And then just like that, I had an idea "Auguamenti" I opened my eyes and he stopped singing, but he was also drenched with water.

"Woah there shorty didn't mean to offend you," Fred said out of breath

"You didn't, I don't really know what got into me" I replied

Fred looked confused. As a matter of fact, ALL of us looked confused.

The carriages finally started to move, and we started thinking of ways that spell was conjured.

"Maybe it came from a whole-" Started George "Let me guess, -other planet?" I finished the sentence.

"Dang it yo-" Fred tried "Getting good at it? I know" and with that, the carriages stopped and I stepped out.

---

The choir had just finished, and all I could think was finally.  I was sitting with Hermione, Harry, and Ron. 

You could tell Ron got hangry very easily. It's almost as if he's married every piece of chicken.

"Welcome, Welcome to another year here at Hogwarts!" Shouted Dumbledore

"Now I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast, First I am pleased to announce to welcome professor RJ Lupin who kindly consented  to fill the Defense against the Dark Arts position this year" He continued

There it was again. That name. It sounds so familiar.

"Pottah, Pottah is it true you fainted?" Draco had asked in a fake sympathetic voice

"I mean you actually fainted," He said again with his same snarky tone

"Oh shove off Malfoy," Ron said turning him and Harry around.