19

Mina's POV
My eyes slowly fluttered open to see Issac. I held my breath, confused on what happened and how I ended up here. The bus is dark and I am leaning against Issac, his arm latched around my waist as he snores quietly.

One of my hands connected to Cassie's across the isle. My eyes connect with hers and she softly smiles, clearly exhausted. "You're awake," she whispers squeezing my hand. I nod, but my brows are scrunched together in confusion. Flashes of Evan spread across my mind of where I last was. In remembrance, I quickly look  down at my wrists.

"They were pretty bad M. Luckily we got there in time to heal you. Not so lucky that the healing only worked so much," Cass explains, the remaining scars quietly, trying not to wake the pack that are sleeping on the bus. But that only works so much with the supernatural ears around us. For indication, Issac's arm tightens around my waist pulling me closer. Pain spreads from my wound, but I try not to move too much from it, hoping he doesn't fully wake up.

I shift my eyes to look at him. He sleepily stares down at me for a moment in registration, before repeating Cassie's words, "You're awake. Oh my god, uh, you're awake."

He stutters releasing me from his grip, realizing the position we were in. Before he could fully let go though, I hold onto his wrist and pull it back around me. A blush coats both of our cheeks, but we don't notice due to the darkness surrounding us.

"It's ok. I don't mind," I whisper and he slowly pulls me closer again. I turn back to Cassie, but she's already drifting off to sleep, her hand no longer holding my own. Needing the comfort, I snuggle into Issac's chest and we both drift to sleep, not really thinking much of what this means for the both of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I don't wanna know.. I don't want to know," the gruffy voice of Coach wakes us causing me to quickly sit up along with Issac and the rest of the pack. Ugghh my head is spinning and it hurts pretty freaking bad. In the same mood as I, Cassie sits up across from me with a deep frown. I notice her messy hair and subtly try to pat mine down as people start to file back onto the bus. My eyes catch onto the beta wolf next to me. His curly blonde hair is a bit more fluffy and his eyes slightly disoriented as they catch onto my staring. I softly smile at how cute he looks. "Hope I was a nice pillow for you," he tells me.

"You were indeed, a very nice pillow," I laugh. He smirks at me, but I try not to notice by turning my attention else where. That being Lydia taking Coach's whistle. I watch as she blows into it while blocking the other end with her hand. She takes her hand away with surprise and then shows the rest of us.

"Wolfsbane and something orange," Lydia determines. A frown found its way onto my face as I look closer.

"Is that- is that fire coral?" I ask glancing at Cassie. She nods mirroring my own facial expression.

"Is that harmful to you guys? Like the wolfsbane?" Stiles questions. We nod.

"Some mermaids use it against their enemies. But it's banned in most pods,"I explain. Fear encases my stomach as I realize that land people have this and that our current enemy is aware how to use it. How could someone possibly get the information though? Only mermaids are aware and most if not all stay in the ocean. As if thinking the same thing Cass stares at me in fear. I give Issac an, I'm sorry look and he seems to understand as he nods at me. I quickly move by Cassie and take her hand in my own. Fear is evident  in my stomach, but I keep up a front for Cassie, hoping to assure her.
"So every time Coach blew his whistle on the bus, Scott, Issac, Boyd, Mina, Cassie," Stiles listed and then Lydia adds Ethan.

"We all inhaled it," Scott says and we all realize what's been happening.

"You were all poisoned by it," Allison finishes.