6

I am so focused on growing the seaweed that I didn't notice them come in. A smile graced my features when it grew to about 4 feet long. Seaweed now hangs off the sides of the small tank and spreads onto the wooden table.

The sounds of gasping halts my actions and I immediately stop my magic and turn around. Scott and his friends from school are standing in a semi circle around me with astonishment written on their features. I flash them a shy smile before turning to my friend who now is standing on my right side.

"Oh my God, Cassie! Why didn't you warn me that they arrived," I whisper-yell at her.

"I didn't think I had too. I thought that you would've heard them."

"Hate to interrupt, but how the hell did you do that," Stiles quizzes, while picking up a piece of dangling seaweed.

"With my powers," I answer vaguely. Allison, Lydia, Scott, and Stiles are the ones that came. This is too weird for me.

"So... where should we start," Cassie interrupts and Scott steps forward as an obvious leader of the group.

"What can you do," Allison asks before Scott can say anything.

"How do you transform?"

"What power made the seaweed grow?"

As an answer, I turned to the tank of water and seaweed and put my hand out. I use my power to create a water ball and I slowly levitate it into the air in front of us and in the middle of our little circle. "All mermaids can control any liquid," Cassie says before freezing the ball of water, while it's still levitating, "freeze it." They all look entranced by the simple trick which I can't help but smirk at. "And boil it." She then heats the ball into water and then it evaporates into the air and I let my arm down.

"That's so cool," Stiles mutters. His friends either give him and look or nod in agreement.

"What about transforming?" I frown at this question and I turn to Cassie only to get splashed with water. My arms go up and my mouth falls open in surprise. How did she get water so quickly? My body completely turns to water for a millisecond, my clothes and legs disappear while my orange tail and scaly bra appear. After I am a full mermaid, I wobble on my tail and fall backwards. I wait for the familiar hard ground, but instead I fall into two sets of arms. My eyes meet Scott's first and then they meet Allison's. I give them a grateful smile and they slowly put me on the ground. Then I look back at my blonde friend with a glare.

"I can't believe you just did that!"

"It was you or me," she says with a shrug and I roll my eyes. What a great friend I have? Scott and Allison are now kneeling on the ground by me, looking at my tail.

"Water. If we come in contact with even a drop, we have at most 10 seconds before we transform," I say. Scott and his friends looks at me in awe causing me to feel a bit self conscious.

"Have you guys always been mermaids or did something happen," Scott wonders in a gentle voice.

"We were born this way in a pod, but we left." Cassie lies about the leaving part. We were banned from our pod.

"A pod?"

"Our pod is our family. One pod contains more than a hundred mermaids."

I sigh in exhaustion and start to heat my tail up so it dries quicker. Scott and Allison scoot away when steam comes off my stinging tail. After a moment I have legs again.

"Well, since we told you guys everything, you now have to tell us what's up with you guys. Don't think I didn't notice the lack of surprise on your faces," I say bluntly while lifting myself off of the ground. They all give each other looks before looking back at us.

"Well, I am a werewolf," Scott announces and I give him a disbelieving look. He sighs before he suddenly starts to grow fangs, claws and hairy sideburns and his eyes glow a bright yellow. Cass and I take a step back in surprise. We didn't know other supernatural creatures existed.

"Hunter," Allison says.

"Human." Stiles raises his hand a little.

"It's hard to explain," is all Lydia says and the two us nod, not asking anymore questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After all of them left I told Cass that I had to go back to the school to get some of the homework that I left there. She barely even noticed that I left though because she went back to her training.

By the time I got there everyone seemed to be gone except for several teachers. I got my stuff quickly and walked around the corner only to see a bunch of unfamiliar people leave the locker room. Thankfully they didn't notice me as they left. They had an obvious supernatural aura around them that most mermaids should notice, but they also seemed dangerous so I waited till they exited the building to continue walking.

Immediately I made my way to the room that they just left, which happened to be the boys locker room. With caution I stepped inside and when I did I gasped at the horrid sight in front of me.

"Oh my god," I mutter before rushing forward to the dark skinned girl that lay limp against the lockers. Blood is splattered all around her and her neck is torn open, yet somehow when I checked for a pulse I felt a faint heartbeat.

Springing into action, I turn on the water from the showers and carefully lay the older girl on her back. I open my bag and take out a broken shell that I have and cut a small incision on my wrist and drip the blood onto her neck. Then I use my magic to suspend a fair amount of water into the air and over to her wounds.

"God, I hope this fucking works," I say. Since I've never attempted this before, only ever hearing rumors on this spell that supposedly is supposed to heal wounds.