4

Mina
"You would think that if a school gets attacked by a million birds, that the school would, I don't know.. Maybe give you less work or maybe even a day off, but no... That's just too much to ask for," I utter partly to Cass and partly to myself as I do my homework in the library before first period starts. She laughs, while playing games on her phone. She apparently already did her work last night because she couldn't sleep.

"Speaking of work. You, uh, did number five wrong," she responds. I purse my lips and give her an annoyed look, before roughly erasing my answer. She raises her eyebrows and goes back to the game on her phone. I try to redo the work, but my mind is to focused on the two boys that we are planning on confronting today about our little secret.

Cass and I discussed it last night and after a long discussion about how to handle the issue. We decided it best to confront them about it and hope that they are willing to keep our secret. Before I could finish my homework though, the bell rang, signaling that there are 10 minutes before class starts.

"So we are confronting them?" Cass asks me as we leave the library.

"Yep."

"And what happens if they don't agree?" I stop in front of my class room and look at her in the eye.

"Let's just hope it doesn't come to that," I say and then move to enter my class. A sigh of relief escapes my mouth as I see we are just going to watch a movie and answer questions for the class period. I sit in the back by a super cute guy who has brown hair and dark eyes.

"Can I sit here?" I ask shyly. He looks up at me and his eyes widen a little for a quick second before a smirk sets upon his perfect features.

"Oh, ya. Seats all yours." He gestures to the seat and smiles showing his perfectly white teeth. I sit down and start taking out my supplies needed for this class. Once I feel his gaze on me, I turn back towards him.

"Um.. I'm Mina by the way," I state in an awkward manner and start to play with the Pearls on my wrist. It's what I do when I'm in an awkward situation. His contagious smile makes a small one form on my own face.

"Aiden. I'm new here."

"Oh,really? So am I," I laugh a little at the irony. It's kinda weird considering that this is a small town and the fact that we are both juniors. The bell rings for the second time, concluding our short conversation.

Throughout the movie, Aiden keeps giving me side glances making me feel a bit awkward. I try to ignore them as best I could, but halfway through class I get annoyed. Once I turn towards him to say something though, I realize that he is looking at my ring. I look down, hoping it's not glowing or anything and to my luck it's not. Suspicion grows in my mind, wondering why he looks so entranced by it.

Soon I'm rushing out of class to meet up with Cassie, leaving my thoughts of Aiden behind for now. I rush out into the busy hallways and find her leaning against her locker. We are going to talk to them now. I can't wait much longer.

"You ready for this?" I ask Cass. She looks at me and nods, but I can tell she really doesn't want to do this. We start walking around trying to find them and as we turn into the next hallway, we see them, standing by two girls. One of them has curled strawberry blonde hair, pale skin and green eyes. The other has short, wavy, dark brown hair, pale skin, and brown eyes. I suck in a breath and give a nod of reassurance to Cass. We can do this. As we approach, one of the guys look in our direction causing me to stop in anticipation. His dark eyebrows scrunch together and he slaps his friends chest and points in our direction. All of them now have their attention on us making me all the more nervous and I start the nervous habit of scratching the inside of my forearm. With one look at Cass, I nod once again and without another thought I lift my head up high and continue my walk towards them. Now all of us are staring at each other in suspicion. After what feels like forever, I clear my throat awkwardly. The tension thick around us as if one wrong move could cause an explosion.

"We need to talk," I simply say, looking straight at the two boys. The tan one nods his head. "In private, if that's alright."

"Actually I think we should all talk," the red head speaks up. I furrow my eyebrows together at her in question and then the lighter skinned boy speaks, backing up the red head.

"Right. We should all talk about the thing that we saw," the light skinned boy says with great emphasis. My eyes widen when I realize that they already told people of our secret. A scared feeling grows in my stomach. Scared that it's too late. Scared that a bunch of scientists or something will burst through the front doors and take Cass and I away. "We should go to the locker room."

We all file into the currently empty guys locker room. Oh my God. Could this get any worse? "You already told people!" I shout in anger and fear. Everyone, but Cass backs away a little.

"Hey, hey. It's ok, they already know about the supernatural and it's not like we told the whole world," the lighter skinned one responds quickly. I huff in frustration. A small part of me thanks the gods for this, but the other part is beyond annoyed.

"We don't even know who you guys are and you guys think this is ok," I scoff. Cass gives me a calm-the-fuck-down look and I sigh, trying to calm down.

"What my friend is trying to say is that we need to know if we can trust you guys to keep our secret," Cass says in a much more calmer manner. They all look between me and Cass, unsure.

"Ya, sure, we will keep your secret, as long as you two can promise us that you guys aren't dangerous and don't go around killing everyone," the tan boy steps up with a serious face. We nod and look at each other in agreement.

"Great. It's settled then. We are definitely not dangerous, so you guys won't tell anyone," Cass finalizes with a smile on her face. I smile when everyone agrees. That was easier than I thought it would be.

"Who are you guys anyways? You guys took this way easier than I thought you would," I wonder, genuinely curious. They exchange looks to each other, telling me that they were hiding something.

"Well, I'm Scott McCall," the tan boy introduces, then he points to the lighter boy, "this is my friend Stiles." Stiles waves awkwardly at us and I smile. "And this is Allison and Lydia." He then points to the brunette first and she gives us a friendly smile. Last but not least he points to the red head who examines us before smiling in what looks to be approval?

"I'm Cassie and this is Mina!" Cass exclaims in a bubbly voice. My eyes widen when the bell rings again, signaling that we are all late to second. We all agreed to talk tonight to explain ourselves more. Then we all dispersed and went our own way.