5

Mina's POV
It's now lunch and I decide to leave campus because I can't stand the cafeteria food. Sadly I'll be all alone because Cassie has a different lunch and I don't really know a lot of people yet. I start to leave, but on the way out of the school I feel a hand grab my arm and strongly pull me towards them. A small shriek leaves my lips as I fall clumsily into the corporate, who happens to be Aiden. He catches me with his own body, yet he doesn't seemed to be phased.

"Whoa dude, calm down. It's just me," Aiden laughs. I blow out a dramatic breath of air as I steady myself. One because I almost died by falling over on these stupid human legs and two, because I'm relieved he's not a creepy kidnapper or something. It's just plain old Aiden.

"Oh my God! Don't scare me like that!" I raise my voice at him and slap his shoulder. He rolls his eyes at my dramatic behavior and starts to slowly drag me to the parking lot. "Where are we going, Aiden?"

"We are going to lunch. Where else would we be going," he responds in a duh type of tone. I silently mock him and make a face since his back is turned. He halts in front of a black motorcycle and turns to me while in mid mocking. I quickly smile at him and tilt my head in an innocent type of way, as if I he didn't just catch me making fun of him. He raises a perfectly shaped brow at me in question. "What are you doing?"

Pursing my lips, I try to think of something to say, but nothing comes to mind. So I divert the subject and throw my hands in a gesture to the motorcycle and say, "Hey a motorcycle! Is this yours?"

He chuckles at my weak diversion, but thankfully goes with it. "Yeah it is and your going to ride with me."

"Oh my goodness. I'm so down!" I exclaim and grab the black helmet that is on the handles. He blinks down at me in surprise and then shrugs and follows my lead when he sees me already jumping up onto the bike.

"Okay then." He gets on in front of me and I shamelessly secure my arms around his torso because I sure as hell don't want to die. Safety first. Without a warning he takes off and a weird noise escapes my mouth. Oh god, I hope he didn't hear that. A smile overtakes my features as I feel the rush from going so fast. It reminds me of swimming in the ocean. Sadly I couldn't enjoy the feeling for long because it was a short drive.

"Awe.. I want to ride longer," I mumble in disappointment, not really talking to him. I slowly slide off the bike in disappointment. He looks at me and chuckles when he sees my face.

"We can take a longer ride some other time if you want," he says, while putting our helmets away.

I smile and nod. We go inside Chick-fil-A and quickly order our food and sit down. "So Mina, where you from?"

"Australia." His eyes widen with the information and I laugh.

"That's a big move. Why did you move here?" Our food gets here. I pause to take my food off of the tray and to try to think of a normal human response.

"It's kind of a long story to be honest," I tell him, but once I glance up at him, I can tell that he wants me to explain further, so I continue. "Well to put it in simple terms. My sister and I weren't welcome home anymore because of some things that happened, so we had to leave." Sadness fills me as I think about my pod and how they are doing.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he says looking in my eyes. I shrug, not wanting to speak any more about this.

"It's fine. It's in the past now." He nods in understanding. "I'm glad you came with me." Aiden tells me, scarfing down some fries. I don't respond as I look at him in amusement. His cheeks are filled to the max with food and I can tell he's having a hard time chewing. He pauses once he sees me look at him and I raise my eyebrows. He slowly, but surely swallows in one big gulp. "Sorry," he mutters in embarrassment and I laugh a little before scarfing down my own food and he laughs right back at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a couple more classes I am finally done and free to go home. I desperately need a swim at the moment, but sadly I can't because I now have to deal with a bunch of humans.

When Cassie and I get home we decide to train a little with our powers. We both already have moon rings, but we were cast out of our pod before we could learn how to use them. Luckily the pod forgot to take them away from us before we left. So now we are totally winging it when it comes to using them. Although we know it is dangerous to use them without proper training, we thought that it was worth the risk so that we could protect not only ourselves, but each other.

"Ha! See that, I got it on the second try. Not bad for a mermaid in training," Cassie gloats. Her victory is short lived though, when the plant in front of us rapidly withers and dies. She was supposed to just make the seaweed grow and become more lively, but she killed it. I give her a small smile before trying it myself.

I focus on a new set of seaweed that has barely grown and is in a small tank of water. My arm is held to it and my hand is in a fist with my moon ring pointed at it. The image of the green substance slowly growing is perfectly pictured and I use my power and the moons power. My moon ring glows a bright blue and the plant slightly grows, but I lose focus at the sound of a doorbell ringing.

"I'll get it. Keep trying."

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

This chapter might post twice for some unknown reason btw.