Explore the cave

When Valtor woke up in the cave, black flames burned around him. Celeste's cloak lay over him and her jacket under him. He only knew the latter because his sister was sitting next to him and he saw her black shirt that said 'Coffee first '. Inwardly, Valtor laughed because he knew that the back said: 'And then world domination'.

Then he realized again what had happened in this cave before. He sat up and looked at himself. He was back to normal. He couldn't remember when he'd turned back - Or how he defeated the snakes. With a questioning glance he turned to his sister, who had closed her eyes.

Valtor looked at her carefully. He knew her well enough. She didn't sleep. When she did, she could look almost innocent. But she seemed more focused. And this ability was also well known to the magician. She concentrated her strength on the cave in order to descry as much as possible. Maybe she was trying to find a tunnel system. If she could feel it, she kept it in mind right away. Or she wanted to know if this agent was around. There were only two of them at the moment, after all.

Alynn came back to Valtor's mind. He looked around the cave but couldn't see her. But Celeste moved again: "She will be back any moment. She was just looking for water."

Valtor just replied, "I'm not interested in the little one. Do you need water for your instant coffee?"

"Very funny," the Grand Witch replied and took her jacket to immediately pull it back over her shirt. "Actually, I wanted to cool our little fire down again. But a coffee wouldn't be bad either."

Valtor got up and handed her the cloak as well. When he saw her sitting in front of him, he wished she'd always sit in front of him like that. Suddenly he shuddered. He remembered the dream he had after he collapsed. As a demon he was trapped in an iron chain and before him stood a throne for a titan. On it sat a goddess of incomparable beauty. She had bent down to him and whispered: "That will be your fate if you won't do anything. Go get the one who is playing a wrong game."

Valtor looked at his sister, who was getting up and lolling almost seductively. The magician doubted if this goddess was referring to Celeste. She didn't play the wrong games. Sure, he knew her plans to rule the magical dimension and all other dimensions, but it wasn't her way of deceiving others. She was far too happy to show her great power.

And suddenly Alynn was standing at the other end of the cave with a bowl of water and smiling faithfully. He couldn't imagine her playing the wrong game. But that made her all the more suspicious. Valtor decided to keep an eye on both of them first. But he should get some information about this witch urgently. He made that very clear.

After everyone had refreshed themselves a bit (and Celeste got her instant coffee), the three of them decided to continue walking through the caves. It was still straight ahead and had no branches.

They wandered like that for a few hours, during which Alynn happily recounted how she would have finished the snakes if she had been given the chance. Valtor wondered if he was wrongly suspecting her. She was too naive and loony that anyone should be too embarrassed to behave like that. But the fire wizard still couldn't explain why his sister was playing a wrong game. That would actually only be possible if she suddenly switched to the good side and looked for the perfect ingredient for her cookies for poor orphans and lonely retirees in the mountain. The thought, while amusing, was out of the question for someone like her for the next million years.

Valtor stopped short, noticing how his flame suddenly shrank with every step. He warned his fellow travelers: "Wait, something is blocking my magic."

Celeste let appear a ball of magic the size of a golf ball: "I think you're right. Maybe this is where the magic comes from that won't let us teleport. "

"Is that bad?" Alynn asked and the Grand Witch replied, "Good question. If we are being persecuted and our persecutors have non-magical weapons, then that is bad if we go further. Otherwise they have no advantage over us. "

"Are we being followed?" Valtor asked. The Grand Witch stepped back until her magic ball returned to its normal size. Then she sat cross-legged on the floor and closed her eyes. She sat there for a few minutes until she opened her eyes again.

"This is going to be exhausting," she mumbled and paced back and forth, "We are being followed. Certainly Juste and his henchmen. But how did they find us so quickly?"

Alynn shrugged, "Maybe because some snow snakes snaked outside in panic?"

"You're saying that now?", Celeste growled first and then continued to speak more calmly, "The corridor will go on for a long time in front of us, but without magic it will be difficult." Briefly she closed her eyes again and then said: "I noticed another corridor. He lies behind a stone wall. We have to try to get the rock away with less magic, but then our pursuers will notice us more quickly."

Valtor wondered, "Would our magic be blocked for a long time?"

"That is the question," his sister replied, "I've tried, but I couldn't identify the source of the blockade. It is quite possible that its magic shines far. I mean, we couldn't even teleport near the mountains."

"Right," Valtor muttered, then said firmly, "We should try. Where is the other corridor?"

With her eyes closed and one hand on the stone wall, Celeste led the way. Finally she stopped, conjured up a piece of chalk, and drew a cross on the wall. Then she said, "Let's enter the wall."

Valtor lit a fireball in his hand: "I've always wanted to redecorate something this way." He fired the first spell. The witches did the same. It was difficult because her magic was further blocked. To make it worse, someone shouted from further back that he had found her. And he called the name 'Agent Juste'.

"Come on," Celeste hissed. Valtor felt her tension increase - Especially when more and more people appeared in the corridor. The redeeming spell that brought the wall down finally came from Alynn. The travelers ran, knowing well that their pursuers were right behind them. The corridor led away from the source of the magic blockade and as soon as the villains noticed this, they stopped and brought the corridor to collapse behind them. The screams of the pursuers grew angrier and duller, but they would not be able to follow them that quickly. That triumph was quickly followed by the realization that they had no idea where the hell they were. And in front of them there are long three corridors.