A good act

"Then die! Die with your traitorous sister. Now I don't need you anymore."

Valtor took a deep breath. He had expected this reaction. Maybe she had her old body back, but otherwise she was as irritable as ever. Slowly he stepped back and touched the portal, which immediately closed again. Then he said: "Sure, but I won't bring you anything when I am dead."

"I've waited for so long," the ancestral witch hissed, "so many plans have failed. You don't stop me now from reaching my goal."

"But we do," Celeste replied, having recovered from her little shock. Then she yelled, "Hey! Agent Juste, you will surely get more recognition for a captured ancestral witch than for me."

"Sure," he replied, "but I have no objection to two witches either. Nevertheless, for now, I am happy to accept your help. I can bring you a coffee for that, if you are locked in the omega dimension in the eternal ice."

"Deal," Celeste replied.

"Eternal ice?", Belladona asked annoyed, "You can have that from me too."

She created a huge dome of ice that locked the agents out and locked their children into a trap. Immediately the temperature dropped even further. Valtor felt his sister slack off and shiver.

"I hate it," she hissed, "cold, heat, cold, heat. I can't withstand such temperature differences." "I know," the ancestral witch replied and looked at Valtor, "the dragon flame warms you. And once Celeste is frozen, I can take care of you without any problems. If you don't want to suffer too, then you should hurry up and open the portal."

Celeste pulled her cloak tighter and then said, "I won't freeze to death that quickly."

She teleported behind the ancestral witch and shot a spell at her. Belladona intercepted it and shot it back at double speed. Now the Grand Witch had not received her title by drinking coffee, but by deeds. She had guessed what her maker was up to and was able to dodge quickly enough. Valtor attacked too, but the ancestral witch had learned over the centuries how to fight to get closer to her goal. Two opponents were no problem for her. At least they shouldn't have been.

The ancestral witch shot ice crystals, created icy winds and even entire blizzards. Valtor was able to oppose her with walls of fire, sent her whole volleys of fire and once, when his sister was keeping Belladona in check, he grabbed her arm and burned what he got. It wasn't much and it only made the witch get angrier. Celeste tried again and again to hold her with ropes made of dark magic, plunged the whole dome in darkness and teleported to constantly changing places in order to attack her opponent from there.

Belladona didn't let up. It seemed like she didn't mind all of these attacks. If this secret source of the ancestral witch's magic had actually existed, there might have been no doubt that she would have retrieved it. But so there was little doubt that their power was greater than previously thought.

The ancestral witch suddenly made an oversized sword of ice appear.