19 • cheers and regrets

me and tom were currently at a pub, drinking out problems away.

the night originally started as tom crying and me trying to figure out something new to say for him to cheer up. somehow the word 'whiskey' was mentioned, now we are here

i managed to push him into the car and i drove here. i wasn't sure where exactly to take him. i do have alcohol at the house, trust me, but what's the fun in that when you can come to a bar?

"is your whiskey good at least?" i finally broke the silence. by the look on tom's face, it seemed like he wasn't enjoying himself at all. every time he would take a sip, he would put his head into his folded arms and groan.

"as good as it can be," he finally responded.

me and him were currently on our 5th whiskey glass, and i could tell by the slurring in both of voices that we were both starting to get quite drunk.

i could barely register my thoughts anymore. my kind went to all sorts of places; from food, to going to paris, then to tom.

tom seemed to be on my mind this entire time, i wondered if he was thinking about me. i knew that answer was probably no, considering we were here to get his mind off jade.

my mind wondered all the little things he would do to me if we were together. what it would be like to experience a full life with him.

i wasn't sure why my mind was wondering into these places, but i was still curious.

sometimes i wondered if i was feeling something for tom. every time he would walk into the room, my heart will start palpitating. every light graze of skin, my stomach would abrupt in butterflies.

i used to feel that way with jack. every time he would
make the small little gesture, my mind would roam to a world of possibilities.

i was doing the same with tom.

i look over at him, to see he was lost in thought as well. although, he didn't look sad. he looked more...curious than anything.

i think he knew i was looking, because he was looking back at me in an instant.

i don't think either of us knew what we were doing, considering we were both probably the drunkest people in this bar.

i didn't realize it at the moment, but his hand was on top of mine the entire time.

"can we go home?" tom spoke very quietly, breaking the silence. i nodded in response, both of us getting up from our seat.

we obviously weren't going to drive home. to our luck, there was a empty taxi outside. i saw tom run to it before any other people could steal it.

there was already one other person in the taxi, but there was still enough room for tom. the downside of it was that i had to sit on tom's lap.

now, normally this wouldn't be a problem. for this moment, we were both intoxicated. meaning this gesture could mean a million things.

the entire car ride, the only things i heard were the low-volume music coming from the radio and tom's very heavy breathing in my ear.

my stomach felt like it was flipping over and over again as tom was tracing his fingers up and down my arm. he had his face nuzzled up in my neck as he was still breathing quite heavy.