31 • headaches

man...i was so hungover. something about seeing your ex-boyfriend makes you have a sudden urge drink until you pass out.

if i'm being quite honest, i have no idea how i got back to my parents house.

the night was going perfectly actually. i met up with some of my friends at the bar and went dancing with them. i was hoping the rest of the night would end in me having fun, but that was until i saw him.

he was in the corner, staring straight at me. it was like the whole world collided with another the moment our gaze met.

he was almost...studying me. he was studying me like i was the only other person in the world. i'm not going to lie, i still felt every little butterfly flurrying around.

i knew tom was coming to chris's birthday party, but i guess i never really thought about the situation once we both actually got there.

it wasn't awkward, more of an awakening.

to make matters even more hard on me, thomas seemed to have found himself a new girlfriend. i hate her just as much as jade. by the look of it, so does everyone else including tom.

i wonder what would have happened between me and tom if he didn't bring another girl along with him.

let's face it...we both would've gotten drunk and made our way quickly to the nearest hotel room.

god, what's wrong with you sage? he's not yours anymore.

if there is one thing i do remember from last night is that tom was definitely not enjoying himself.

hey, at least i was. that's all that really matters to me at this point.

i never used to consider myself a party girl until recently. i didn't realize how fun a club could be until windsor took to me to one for my birthday. let's just say i definitely had a good time that night if you know what i mean.

honestly, i didn't know where windsor was for two days after we went to the club. at least she showed back up.

still, i decided that letting lose every once in awhile was actually quite relieving for me.

although, it's strange. sometimes when i drink, i feel like i see jack looking at me from the corner. or sometimes it will even be tom looking at me.

when i imagine jack sitting there, my heart sinks all the way down to my stomach. what makes it worse is that i always see bella sitting in his lap, holding the old torn up monkey she used to love to play with for some reason.

when i think of bella, that is what really gets crying.

these visions have been happening worse and worse recently. this one night, windsor had to sleep in my bed with me for a week because i was screaming in my sleep.

i finally sit up from my bed, immediately feeling the regret. i wish you could magically force away hangovers because this one was worse that usual.

i try standing up, which ended with in major failure. i start tumbling towards the ground, practically face-planting into the carpet. hopefully i didn't wake my mother up.

without even moving, i look up at the clock on the wall seeing that it was noon. eh, my mom normally gets up 5 hours before this so i'm good for now.

i finally manage to gain enough energy to push myself up off the ground and i walk to your door. to my very unfortunate luck, i hear chattering and laughs coming from downstairs. loud noises like that don't usually help my headache.

i would downstairs and into the kitchen, not even looking to see who was in there because the kitchen light was hurting my eyes.

i immediately go over to the top cabinet above the stove, grabbing the advil that i had been hiding inside a peanut butter jar.

i throw the pill in my mouth quickly, swallowing it fast. i finally turn around, to see all eyes on me and hear complete silence.

"well," sharon started, "i'm surprised you're alive. poor ashley had to drag you to the car last night when you starting screaming at the bartender to give you another round."

"i did what!" i yelled surprisingly, immediately regretting it because a sharp stinging pain shot through my head.

"as your mother, i shouldn't be saying this. but the whole thing was quite entertaining. after you starting screaming bloody murder, you asked the bartender what time he got off so you guys could, and i quote, 'get jiggy with it'." my mother explained as my father burst out into laugher.

looking at my father made me realize that tom and amanda were indeed sitting at the table.

"not to mention..." my dad stopped to continue laughing, "you look absolutely terrible right now!"

his face was now red as a tomato as tears were starting to fill his eyes. my mother and sharon seemed to join in on the laughter as well. even tom had a smile on his face.

"yeah you're right," i said interrupting the laughing, "i look bad but i feel even worse."

"yeah, i hate when that happens." amanda finally spoke up, "isn't that right tommy?"

without even saying anything, i let out a laugh and walk walked out of the room.

out of everything so far today, just hearing amanda's voice one is making my headache unbearable.

i guess i hadn't looked at myself in the mirror yet, because my dad was right. i looked absolutely horrible.

the moment i walked into the bathroom, i was almost scared about what i saw in the mirror.

my hair was practically a bird nest, and i had mascara from the previous night stained down on my face.

windsor and kelly told me that i am an 'emotional drunk', so that probably explains the mascara.

i groaned as i tried brushing my hair, yet i felt like i was pulling half of my hair out in the process.

once i finally made my hair look somewhat decent, i washed all of the mascara off of my face.

usually kelly, being the best aunt that she is, would do this type of stuff for me and windsor.

before she put us to bed when we were drunk, she would make sure our hair was well brushed and our makeup was off.

kelly would make an excellent mother, i just need to help her find the right guy first.

i open the bathroom door, not paying attention to what was in front of me. i realized i probably shoudk have been when i crashed straight into someone.

TOM POV:

based on what i saw last night, i could definitely tell my presence bothered sage.

i've seen the women drink before, but not that much. i wouldn't be surprised if she had drank an entire bottle of vodka.

the best part of the night was when she drunkenly sang "the time of my life." you know; the song from dirty dancing.

the entire bar area seemed very pleased with her presentation, and so was i. technically, she stared stripping down half way through the song and started throwing stuff in the crowd in front of her.

let's just say, mr. and mrs. grover didn't look to pleased with their daughter,

i highly doubt sage remembers this part, but i was the one that had to drag her off stage.

"excuse me," i told everyone at the table as i started walking towards the bathroom.

without looking in front of me, i collided straight with another person.

"hello thomas," i heard the familiar sweet voice that i love so much.

i open my eyes to see sage's face just inches away from mine as she was practically laying on top of me from the fall.

this was a dangerous game she was starting, and i was excited to play.