29 • an old friend

i arrived in london quite later than i expected to.

of course, there was a huge storm here so my flight got delayed. considering how much turbulence there was, i'm surprised i even made it here alive.

i walked through the airport, still eating the snacks windsor was so gracious to sneak into my carry-on.

i took in the feeling of being back in london again. i haven't been here since when i came after colorado.

i still saw my parents very often though. they retired a couple of months ago, meaning they have been coming to italy to see me.

i did miss the felton family though. well, most of them at least. i have especially been keeping tabs with ashley. he called me every wednesday and saturday at exactly 5 pm. i could talk to him for hours.

from what i hear, he's got himself a new girl.

i was very happy for ashley. he's always talked about wanted to get married and have kids, but that's the one thing he didn't get.

so, i was quite glad he found someone for himself.

without paying attention to where i was going, i collided straight into someone.

"ow," we both mumbled at the same time. we both opened our eyes, shocked.

"benji?" i asked, shocked.

"oh my god, it's sage grover." he let out a laugh as he got up. he laid his hand out for me, telling me to grab it so he can help me up, which i gladly accepted.

"it's been awhile,"

"i know, i haven't seen you around the neighborhood in a long time." he noticed.

"yeah, i've been living in italy for a little over 2 years now." i explained, he mouthed the word 'wow'.

"did you move there permanently?" he asked, "i knew about the promotion, but i thought it was only for a year."

"yeah, well change plans i guess." i laughed, "i ended up extending my contract a little longer because i couldn't bring myself to move back here."

"i remember when we went to italy on that church camp when we were 7." he brought up, "you practically balled your eyes out when they told you to get on the plane back to london."

"oh my goodness, i totally forgot about that trip!" i laughed.

"hey i was actually just about to go to lunch, would you like to join me?" he suggested.

i thought about for a second before nodding my head yes.

i was actually quite glad i ran into benji, considering i totally forgot to get a rental car for today.

"so, how's italy been?" he asked me as we started driving away from the airport.

"it's been wonderful benji!" i said in amusement, "you have no idea how sad you were until you get to italy and suddenly become happier again."

he laughed in response.

"what about you?" i continued, "how has your life in italy been?"

"well, i moved into a new apartment and got a dog. honestly that's about it to be honest."

"so are you telling me that benji has still not managed to find himself a girlfriend?" i joked.

"yeah well, women in london are a bunch of cheaters and fakes." he joked, "i know what happened with tom and jade."

"yeah that was a mess," i rolled my eyes playfully.

"what's tom been up to? i feel like i haven't seen the man in forever." benji questioned me.