38 • words between us

5 months later

i let out a deep breath as i watched people start to slowly fill in the chairs.

you guys remember the vineyard tom proposed to me at? well, we decided to have our wedding here as well.

i was currently in the little house that sat on top of the hill, getting ready for the wedding that has been a work in progress for the past year.

all my bridesmaids; windsor, kelly, and a few other friends i've gotten close with recently were gathered in this room with me as well, getting ready.

surprisingly, i wasn't nervous. i think i was too happy to be nervous right now. my future was officially about to start with tom.

the past few months have been nothing but perfect, well for the most part.

caleb just turned 5 months old, and he's been the most perfect kid you've ever seen. well, besides throwing up every chance he gets and screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night.

let's just say, caleb definitely liked the attention. me and tom didn't realize this until about a couple weeks ago when paparazzi showed up and caleb literally smiled for the camera.

it's weird though. he's such a sweetheart during the day. he likes cuddling, eating, and playing a lot of peek-a-boo. then when it's night time, all that baby ever does is whine and chew on things.

tom definitely doesn't mind though, considering how much he spoils caleb. i think tom is more in love with him than he is with me, but i'm definitely not complaining. it's the most adorable thing ever.

i am so excited to marry this man.

i feel like in this moment, everything in my life is finally falling into place. this is the moment i was put onto this earth for.

out of everyone, how am i the luckiest person on this earth?

"are you ready, sage?" i heard my father ask through the door.

i looked around at all the bridesmaids, to see that they were all getting in their order.

"as ready as ever," i replied back happily.

this is the part where the butterflies started to kick in my stomach...its happening.

"you've got it," windsor whispered in my ear as she walked out of the door before the other bridesmaids since she's the maid of honor.

i let out a deep breath as i walked a few steps behind them.

as i walked out of the door, i was greeted by my father who already had tears in his eyes.

"you look beautiful, my darling." my dad said through his tears as he gave me a hug.

"i love you so much," i said as i tried to hold back my own tears.

"it's time..." he announced as he pulled away from the hug, linking his arm with mine. i gave him a nod as we walked down to the ceremony.

i felt like i was giving birth all over again now. my breath was become ragged and my heart was racing as fast as it could possibly go.