chapter twelve: virgin babes

"tate, why don't you just spend the night at my house? you don't need to deal with your family right now" eric glances at me from the driver's seat. his hair is pushed back into a pony tail, a few strands have fallen out, framing his face.

"would your parents be cool with that?" i ask, biting my lip. i hate always accepting help but my home life isn't exactly ideal.

"yeah, it'll be fine. do you need anything before we head to my house?" he asks, turning on his windshield wiper as the snow picks up.

"nah, i think im good." i respond.

i send rowan a text and tell her that im going to be home tomorrow and im at a friend's house. i know she'll let my dad know in a way that won't make him mad. she's the only one he's calm around.

when we pull into eric's house, i stare in awe at the christmas decorations his family put up. he notices and smirks at me.

"you're so cute," he laughs as he opens the door and hops out. "come on, let's go inside."

his mom greets me warmly when i walk in, excited to see me. "happy birthday, tate! it's so nice to see your face again!"

"thank you, mrs krasny." i blush. "it's nice to see you as well."

"mom, tate's gonna stay here for the night. she has some family stuff going on." eric tells her as he takes my hand to lead me up to his room. if i pulled that shit with my dad, he would probably slap me.

when we get to his room, he sits me down on his bed, still holding my hand, and looks me in the eyes. "i've been meaning to ask you this..."

"what?" i gulp.

"i know i fucked up a lot in the past, and im never going to stop being sorry for that, but i really miss you. i miss you being my girlfriend." his eyes bore into mine. my heart rate quickens and i begin to wonder if he can feel how sweaty my hands are. "will you please give me another chance?"

even if i wanted to tell him no, there was no possible way that i was going to be able to with the way he's looking at me right now.

i feel a smile grow on my face and i shake my head yes. he embraces me in a hug, then pulls away to look at my face. his eyes trail down to my lips and he looks me in the eyes for consent. i lean in and meet his lips. our tongues entangle and he puts his hand on the small of my back, pushing me closer to him. when i break for air, he reaches for my shirt and i let him pull it off. he kisses a trail down to my waist and tugs on my skirt, to which i respond by sliding it off and throwing it onto the floor. my heart pumps faster as i feel him slide off my underwear.

"is this okay?" he asks, looking up at me.

"definitely."

°°°

when i wake up, the smell of eggs is wafting from downstairs. i roll over and groan. my whole body aches from last night. i get up and head to the bathroom to clean up a little bit. when i see myself in the mirror, i audibly gasp. eyeliner is running down my face and my glitter tears have.. well, turned into real tears. didn't think i was a cryer but i guess i have been proven wrong. i grab a piece of toilet paper and wet it, then go to work at scrubbing all the makeup off my face. once im done, i head downstairs towards the food.

"good morning." eric smiles at me from the stove. this is a sight to behold. he really has changed, hasn't he?

"morning." i croak. "you got up pretty early, huh?"

"tate, it's almost noon." he chuckles as he pours me a glass of orange juice and hands me my plate. "i've been waiting for you to get up for a couple hours."