chapter thirteen: nostalgic kisses

i walk down the road with my heart beating out of my chest. adrenaline pumps through my body and a slight smile creeps onto my face. even after all the terrible shit that happened today, a slight victory was won when i saw the look on eric's face as he was on the floor. rodrick would have thought that was hilarious.

FUCK. rodrick.

i need to apologize to him, all he was trying to do before was warn me and he was one hundred percent right. he didn't seem like he really wanted to talk to me after that conversation we just had or else i would show up at his house. i walk faster towards my house and pull out my phone.

to rodrick: hey im so sorry about everything, would u stop by my house tonight?

a pussy move, i could have called him. the snow picks up and a shiver runs down my spine. why the hell did i wear barely any clothes when i knew it was going to be below freezing today?

i decide to call rowan and ask for a ride. let's pray that she's not with my dad.

"hey, what's up?" she answers.

"uh, could you please pick me up? im on eric's road." there goes my lie about being at kat's.

"okay, i'll come get you from kat's." my dad must be eavesdropping.

"okay, thank you." i answer, slightly annoyed that my dad is there. i was hoping he wouldn't be home or something. now i have to walk into the house wearing this and be called a slut. woohoo! can't wait!

°°°

i lay on my bed, petting sonic, when i hear a knock on my window. oh shit, is that him? i shoot up out of my bed and fix my hair before sliding the window open.

"you gonna let me in? or are you gonna make me stand out here in the cold?" he smirks at me.

i laugh and roll my eyes, sliding the window open further for him to climb in. he wraps his arms around me, embracing me in a hug.

"i missed you." he whispers. i feel the tears form in my eyes and i squeeze him harder.

"i missed you too." i admit. i pull away to look him in the eyes. "im so sorry for being such an asshole to you. you were just doing what you thought was best for me and honestly i should have listened."

"i didn't want you to find out some other way and that's why i tried to tell you at your house but i didn't really say it the right way." he scratches his neck. "sorry about that again."

"you're fine dude." i shake my head. "i should have listened and prevented that douchebag from taking my virginity." i mentally face palm at the thought of it.

"it doesn't count if it wasn't with someone you love." he replies. "you're still a weezer fan in my eyes."

i grin widely at him. "you know you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

he seems taken aback at my words. "really?"

i lean forward to meet his lips, wrapping my arms around his neck. his hands slide down to my waist and he pulls me deeper into the kiss. my heart flutters. this feels way different than its felt with any other person. i slide my fingers into his hair and bring his body closer to mine. when i pull away i stand on my tip toes to whisper something into his ear. "really."

he blushes and takes a seat onto my bed, seeming out of breath. "i-i cannot tell you how long i've been hoping to do that."

"well i mean you did it at the halloween party." i laugh.

he looks up at me, embarrassed. "yeah, i guess i did. but that didn't really count."

i sit next to him and smirk up at him. "yeah, definitely not."