chapter eight: drunk sid vicious

"oh come on, rodrick! im sure you look great" i chuckle, trying to coax rodrick out of the bathroom.

"tate, this does not look right on me!" he moans, slowly opening the door, peeking out at me.

"we're going to be late sid." i smirk at him. "the party starts at eight."

rodrick and i, well mainly just me, had decided to dress as sid vicious and nancy spungen for the halloween party. it's a classic and it definitely starts some conversations. he does kill her in the end.

rodrick glares at me as he steps out. his hair is spiked up, which suits him in my opinion, and he's dressed in a leather jacket and leather skinny jeans. no shirt. i inhale. wow, he looks really good.

"what?" he questions. "do i look bad?"

"n-no!" i stammer. "you look.. hot."

his face turns bright crimson and he laughs nervously. "i do not."

i roll my eyes, refusing to bicker back and forth with him about his attractiveness.

i decide to change the subject. "how do i look?" i went all out for this costume, bleached my hair and everything. i might have just been looking for an excuse to bleach my hair, if im being totally honest.

"great." he flashes a toothy grin. "im very lucky to be bringing the hottest punk rock chick to a party."

my heart skips a beat and i get lightheaded at the thought of what he just said.

"thank you, sid." i peck him on the cheek. "now let's get your makeup done so we can head out."

he sits on the bed, his hands in his lap, looking up at me. my pulse quickens. damnit, tate, what are you getting so flustered over? i grab the eyeliner and coat it on around his eyes, smudging it with my finger.

"no one's ever done my eyeliner before." he chuckles. "it feels weird."

"does it?" i smile.

"yeah, but i like it."

i look down at him, my eyebrow raised. there's a moment of silence before he speaks again.

"could you just come here for a second?" he places his hands on my hips, sitting me in his lap so that im straddling him. "i just wanna hold you for a second."

i wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his shoulder. "rodrick, tonight's going to be okay, why are you so nervous?"

"im just worried for you. i heard eric is gonna be there."

that doesn't sound like worry. that sounds like jealousy.

i take a deep breath before whispering into rodrick's ear. "let's not think about eric tonight."

he lets out a sigh. i rub his back comfortingly and then get up. "we gotta go now, love."

we grab our stuff, say goodbye to his parents, and then head to the van. i hop into the passenger seat and smile slightly at the familiar scent of the interior. i flip on some random alternative station and we take off.

"have you eaten today?" he asks me.

"uh no." i answer. "why?"

"you should get something in you if you're going to be doing any drinking." he glances at me from the driver's seat, a faint smirk on his face.

"and why do you think im going to be drinking?" i question.

"oh come on, tate, im not stupid." he laughs. "let's get something to eat."