Street Dogs

Take off
Last stop
Countdown till we blast open the top
Face first
Full charge
Electric hammer to the heart

A muscular shaggy hair brunette sang from his place center Stage on the Orpheum.Luke Patterson, lead vocalist.
To his left stood Another with boy with a red guitar bopping along to the song. Bobby Wilson, back up guitar.
On the left side of Luke danced once again another boy, black hair, red flannel and leather Jacket. Reggie Peters, bassist.
Behind the three boys sat a tall blonde on a raised platform in a pastel pink hoodie. Alex Mercer, drummer.
To the left of all the boys behind a keyboard stood a girl, average height, long curly hair that hung just below her shoulders. She wore Boot cut low waist jeans, cowboy boots, and a Flowy  floral top. Melody Harper, pianist and backup vocals.

Clocks move forward
But we don't get older, no
Kept on climbing
Till our stars collided
And all the times we fell behind
Were just the keys to paradise
Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we
Hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never

The group of 17 year olds played the music like it was their life line. For the majority of the band it was. The best friends were in their element music.

Hear the noise
In my head
It's calling out like a voice I can't forget
One life
No regrets
Catch up, got no time to catch my breath
Clocks move faster
'Cause it's all we're after now
Won't stop climbing
'Cause this is our time, yeah
When all the days felt black and white
Those were the best shades of my life

Melody sang with a passion. In just two years the boys that joined her on stage have made her the happiest she's been in a long time. And tonight it was finally paying off.

Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we
Hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never

The Orpheum one of the biggest venues a band could get in L.A, and tonight Sunset Curve would be making their big debut in 1995.

We ain't searching for tomorrow (tomorrow)
'Cause we got all we need today (today)
Living on a feeling that's been running through our veins
We're the revolution that's been singing in the rain

Melody looked at her friends, sweat drenched each and everyone of their bodies. It only made her smile bigger, she could feel their energy from here.

Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we
Hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never
It's now or never (now or never)

  The band finished together taking deep breath's to regain oxygen. Luke held his arms above his head when Mel and Alex left their respective positions and approached the trio. The room itself was basically empty minus a couple of staff members who cheered. " that was great guys!" A young Hispanic women cheered, " Reggie walked up to his microphone "thank you, we're sunset curve. Tell your friends" he said then did his signature wink.
   " too bad we wasted the tightest we've played on sound check!" Bobby spoke excitedly. Melody giggled at that, if she knew her boys and she did, it was only going to get better. " as if Bobby, there's only one way to go and that's up!" She commented standing next to Luke who looked like a very hyper puppy. " wait until tonight,man, when this place gets packed with record execs." The boy spoke in a hurry.
     " Alex you were smoking, and Mel those harmonies perfect!" Reggie complemented. Both blondes stood there with a smile " oh no. We were just warming up-"Alex started but Mel finished for him " y'all were the ones on fire." Her southern accent was clear as day.
      You see Melody Harper wasn't from California, she was from Texas. Amarillo to be exact, her family owned a small ranch out there  where Melody loved to explore and write her music. But when she was 12 her mom died, her and her dad tried their hardest to stay on the ranch they loved but it was nearly impossible once Mels condition worsened.
    3 years later they decided to move. Start new and get Melody proper help. Luckily that help turned out to be those boys on stage.

  Luke threw his arm over Melody's shoulder " Ok, well, I'm thinking we fuel up before the show. I'm thinking street dogs" he suggested to the group the boys eagerly agreed, well Mel just shrugged. She had no problem with street dogs, they just weren't her father's brisket. That was some good food, street dogs on the other hand.
Slowly Melody tuned out the conversation the boys were having with the waitress named Rose, and started thinking of the family nights her mom and dad would spend with her cooking big BBQ's.  She could feel herself very slowly start slip away from her surroundings.
It wasn't till she felt a hand on her shoulder that she was able to come back. She locked eye with a the concerned ones of Reggie and Noticed it was his hand on her shoulder. Looking away she saw Luke and Alex staring at her too, faces laced with concern " Mel? You alright?" Alex asked sweetly, The girl nodded and soon the quartet was out the backstage door to the Orpheum and on the streets of LA.
    " that's what I'm talking about!" Luke exclaimed, once again throwing is shoulder over Melody guiding the group. "What? The smell of sunset boulevard?" Alex remarked, Melody and Reggie share a glance before giggling at the drummers Antics. " No, it's what that girl said in there tonight. About our Music, all right? It's like an energy.it connects us with people, they can feel us when we play" The brunette explained " well I coulda told you than Lu, I've said it time and time again" Melody butted in cause the boy to face her.
   It was true, most of the time Melody felt disconnected with the world, like it was just a movie she was watching. It was rare for her to actually feel there in the moment, unless it was music. Hearing the boys play and playing with them, Music gave Melody back something she thought was gone.
  " I want the connection with everybody" Luke told the group bringing them in for a sloppy hug. " well then we are gonna need more T shirts" Reggie said digging into his duffel bag, before walking over to two girl waiting in line to hear the band preform.
   The group joked along until they made it to the place where the street dogs were sold. Paying no mind to the repercussions Melody grabbing a dog and started piling on toppings i her heart's content. She may be a girl, but she can eat like a man.
    " man I can't wait till we eat someplace where the condiments aren't served out of the back of an Oldsmobile" Alex said. Melody chuckled " At least it's not coming from my grandpa's grill, I can't remember a time I ever saw that thing clean" she said taking a seat between him and Luke on the old couch.
   " this is awesome you guys, we're playing the Orpheum! I can't even count how many bands have played here and then ended up being huge. We're gonna be legends" Luke stated in bewilderment. The three around him smiled, knowing that this was the first of many dreams coming true for them.
Melody held up her hot dog " eat up boys" she said before taking a bite, the boys following her actions. She furrowed her brows in confusion looking towards Alex, who mirrored her look.  "That's a new flavor" he said , Reggie shrugged " Chill man, street dogs haven't killed us yet."

Then it all went black, and Melody was back in 1993.

A/N- hey y'all first chapter! I am so excited to start this journey with y'all it's gonna be spectacular.
Like I said before this book will deal with mental issues that will be address later on so read at your own judgment.
Let me know what y'all think
Vote and comment ✨💕✨
Byeeeee