Hear Us Play

The Band didn't waste any time getting back to their music. As soon as they were in the garage the group got to work setting up their old practice space. They were only a few cords in when Julie burst through. "Guys! Guys, stop!" the young girl screamed in a panic " Enough! Stop! Cut it Out!". Melody and the boys flamboyantly obeyed, seizing to a halt with their instruments. Judging by the look on Julie's face Melody could tell they were about to receive an earful " The whole neighborhood could hear you. I thought I told you to leave" she scolded like a Tested Teacher.

Luke having his 'selective hearing' only chose to listen to the first half of the sentence " wait. people can hear us play?" he questioned. There was no hiding the glint of scheming in his voice by the question, Luke always had a plan. Melody was hoping she had made the same one. "Yes! and so did my dad and my Brother!" Julie answered Tersely, clearly too angry to see the boys' obvious intentions. " w-w-wait, so only you can see us, but everyone can hear us?" Alex asked trying to clear up any doubt the band might have. " What Kind of Ghosts are we?" " who Cares, Man? People can hear us play!" Luke answered giving everyone a fist bump. " We might be dead, but our music ain't!" Mel exclaimed happily.                                                                                                        On this news Melody was overjoyed, she wasn't gone. She wasn't just another extra living in the background of a tv show, living her life unnoticed. No. Her music was here, she was here. Every time Melody played, the world faced her. It was no longer moving past her it was moving towards her. If people could still hear their music, maybe once in her life Melody might feel Alive in this world.  ironic she had to die for people t hear it.             

The good news was shortly interrupted by the doors to the garage opening revealing Julie's dad "Dad!" the young girl greeted her father averting her attention away from the four unseeable ghosts in the room. " Hey, just making sure your okay" he answered hesitantly, almost afraid he would say something that would change Julies mood. Melody knew that tone, it was the same tone her father used on her. Not the 'you're on your period' Tone, no this was the tone her father used when Melody's Mom died. She would dissociate with any little word that brought up memories and get lost in time, her poor father was terrified that he would say something that would drag his daughter into an episode. One he couldn't bring her out of. Hearing that tone made melody feel like she was walking on eggshells again, Desperate to stay present she grabbed Luke's hand. The Brunette, being familiar with the girls' physical languages, started rubbing circles on the back of her hand letting her focus on the movements.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just had to turn off the CD player" The Raven haired girl answered clearly lying, The dad then turns his attention to the 'vacant' instruments " hey cool is this all the junk that was in the attic?" he asked touching Melody's Keyboard "junk?" Luke asked in disbelief " uhh Sir, Hands Off my keyboard!" Melody ordered. He then made his way in front of Alex and started tapping his drums," some of this stuff is in pretty good shape, hey maybe we can make a few bucks?" he wondered. Alex at this point was desperately trying to get the older man away from his drums. there was always one unspoken rule with musicians, Similar to ranchers. You never touch another man's Horse, The same way you Never touch a musician's instrument.

" I liked that CD you had on" Julie's dad unknowingly complementing the ghosts bands music " sweet, we're Sunset Curve, tell your friends," Reggie said, to no surprise he got no response. Melody walked over to the boy " he can't hear us reg" she reminded patting his shoulder. the Boy brushed it off and continued to look totally oblivious. suddenly Melody felt a tingling sensation in her midsection, she looked down and saw a hand going through her. Now, Normally she would be freaking about having something go through her but for some reason, she wasn't. Now she wasn't calm but she was just frozen there like she was stunned. Just as quickly as the tingling came it left, and the band was left to watch Julie and her dad talk in the corner.

Once Julie's dad left, once again Lukes' selective hearing kicked in " He likes our song," he said positively " "Yeah well he doesn't count he's a dad" Alex defended. the conversation was cut off by Julie screaming yet again " Why can't you just be Normal Ghosts? hang out in a mansion, I heard Pasadena nice" as she stormed out of the Garage. Melody rolled her eyes " Why did we have to be ghosts at all?" she rebutted. The Texan wasn't trying to be mean, but Julie's behavior wouldn't last five minutes in her household and Melody was getting tired of it. " I think she's warming up to us," The drummer said staying positive, " Yeah, I've always wanted to go to Pasadena" agreed Reggie

And Just like that Luke let go of Melody's hand and poofed out of the studio, leaving his bandmates in the garage. " Gah!" Julie jumped seeing Luke pop out of nowhere, " Stop that I'm Serious" her tone was different more exasperated and tired The ghost could tell she really was done with him. " Look I'm sorry," he said gently trying not to hit a nerve that would make her madder" what do you want?". The guitarist glanced back at the garage that was once his rehearsal space " I know that this is all completely insane, but you do know how rad this is? People....... Actual people can hear us Play". The short girl just stared at him with no sympathy" Yeah, it's just I've had a really, really awful day. I gotta go" Luke tried to stop her once again " well, I'm sorry you had a bad day, but three guys and a poor girl who has enough trouble dealing with things found out the had a bad 25 years, and then they found out that the one thing they lived for, the one thing that helped them cope with the world, they can still do! that's pretty rad." Luke grinned at the thought.

it was true. all of it. Music is what the Band lived and Breathed, it's what brought them together, It helped Mel feel again. Luke remembers all of those times when the group would just play and play in that very same garage, Luke wasn't a disappointment of a son, Reggie didn't have to worry about his parents, Alex didn't have to be shamed by his. And Melody, Melody no longer felt like an empty shell floating in the water. Music was their life, and somehow Luke knew Music was a part of Julie's life in the same way.

It seemed as though the Ghost had finally broken through the Hispanic girl as her face softened significantly. "your right, It's Just....." " your bad day. yeah I know" he finished " Look I'm sorry we came into your life but....... What I just felt in there actually made me feel alive again. we all felt alive again. So, you can kick us out if you want, but we're not giving up music. we can play again! That's a gift no musician would ever turn down, you gotta know that. clearly, your mom is into music" he explained "was. She passed away" was all of Julie's reply. Instantly Luke was filled with regret, he had been down this path with Melody. he couldn't fathom the hole that was made when your mom died, He saw what it Did to Melody and it only fueled that fear of losing her even more. " I am.... so sorry," he said sincerely, it was obvious that she was hurt by her death.

What he didn't know was that his three other dead friends were listening not far away. And what nobody realized was hearing those few sentences sent Melody into another Episode.

A/N- yes yes, I have returned to this book. It's been a while but that's mainly because I've been super distracted enjoying my summer and finishing school. I also started a Marauders Book so if you want to check it out please do. 

I wanted to take a break from writing from the ground up so I figured I could focus on this book more sense It follows the TV show. And this chapter was supposed to come out a while ago but things came up.

I will try to be more constant with my updates but it does help and motivate me to see support on any of my books really. Also, I haven't gotten used to writing on the computer so if the formating is weird I apologies

BYE!