"Right Here, Always."

The boys had left Melody on the couch in the garage while they went to check out the house. As much as the three of them wanted to comfort her, they knew she had to work through things on her own.
   Luke was worried for her, this whole situation was a lot for him and he didn't have any problem with change.
  Alex was a wreck on the inside, his anxiety was barely better than Melody's. He was being strong for his friends they all needed each other right now.
  Reggie was confused, they were dead but he didn't feel dead. He was also scared for how Melody was coping with it.
  All three boys made a promise to keep a close eye on their band mate. They knew she was going to need them the most.

Melody was left to her thoughts, something dangerous yet comforting. She didn't process time when she was alone, but now that she was dead would time even matter?
  People never give much thought to what happens after they die. Who they leave behind, what they haven't done. For most it's a short list from living a long life, but what about for a teenager? What happens to their parents? Their plans for a future?
Melody didn't have much of a plan for college, but the band..... that was their moment, their dream. What would happen to them now that they died.
Furthermore what about her dad? She wasn't ready to leave him, but she did. Was he still alive? Where was he? Before the southern girl had time to think logically she poofed out of the garage.

Luke, Alex and Reggie walked back into the garage after being kicked out by Julie. Immediately the boys noticed that a blonde Texan was missing. " oh this is just great, Mels gone." Alex stated " relax dude, you know Mel she'll come around. This has to be hard on her" Luke reason. " yeah it's like that time she found out her dad was dating again" Reggie said obliviously. Both boys looked down thinking about how that episode went.

Soon to be sixteen year old Melody sat on the couch with her feet in Luke's lap as the both wrote in their journals, Melody was doing school work, Luke was writing lyrics. " hey Mel can you look over this verse I feel like it's missing something" Luke asked her.
Bobby was out of town with his family and Luke and Reggie were out getting pizza for the group.
It's been about 3 months since Melody moved to LA and the girl wasn't regretting it. The boys brought something out in her that she hasn't seen in a long time. She finally felt connected to something that wasn't her mom, which meant she could maybe continue in life. Not just watch it.
"Mel?" Luke asked again, she looked up at the brunette and smiled, the boy smiled back. "Sorry about that lu, uhhh yeah it looks fine I think if you change the last word to something that rhymes better it would be fantastic" Luke gave her a thankful nod and got back to work.
   After some time mels phone rang, glancing at the contact number she answered it " hey pa, what's up?" Luke watch the girl and noticed how her facial expressions change significantly " w-what do you mean y-your dating?" She asked her voice cracked slightly and her eyes watered.
    The next thing Luke knew Melody was running out of the garage. The poor boy had no idea she could run that fast, or what made her run that fast. " who wants pizza- hey where is everyone?" Reggie's voice could be herd from the distance. " hey Luke where's Melody?" Alex asked noticing the girls disappearance.
   Luke slowly turned to face them " she just ran out.... her dad called and then next thing I know she was running out." He said in one breathe " do you know where she went?" Alex asked " no she just ran.... I'm worried she still knew and she looked upset" Luke answered. With one look all boys headed out in search of  their new friend.

It was sunset now and the boys still haven't found the girl. They decided to meet at the docks to regroup. " maybe she went back to the studio?" Reggie suggested " we checked the studio reg. We've checked everywhere! Where else could she be!" Luke screamed, he was scared something had happen to her. The boys knew about Melody's condition but have only experienced a few episodes, what worried Luke was if she had shut down in the middle of nowhere.
     Alex being the level headed person he is looked around the docks, it wasn't to crowded a few couples here and there but it was basically empty. As the blonde boy scanned the beach his eyes caught familiar golden locks " guys! There she is one the beach!" He yelled sprinting towards her.
    The trio of boys approached the girl slowly now seeing her tear stained cheeks. They all took a seat around her in the sand just letting her be. " I'm not ready..... it's can't change yet" she said to no one in particular.
The boys looked at each other, they didn't know what she was talking about, but they wanted to comfort her " look Mel, no matter what changes... we are right here , Always" "Always" the other two boys promised.
The Texas girl smiled, she was truly thankful for these boys " thank y'all .... so much" she said bringing them into a tight hug.

Melody sat on the beach, it was nighttime so there were rarely any people. Not like it would matter, you can't see ghost. " Melody?" She herd a soft voice call, turning around she met the eyes of Reggie crouching down to her level " what are you doing out here?" He asked sweetly, he wasn't sure if she was in a episode or not but the tone wouldn't hurt her.
    Melody looked at the group of boys and then back out at the ocean, " it's just a lot....." she didn't have the strength to continue. The boys pulled a small sad smile, of course they knew it was a lot " we know.... but we're proud for how well you handled it" Alex said sitting next to her. Reggie took the spot on her right and Luke took Alex's left and the four sat there.
   " thank you guys" she said softly, she could never thank them enough in her mind. They gave her so much more than what she asked for. " Melody, even when things change... we are gonna be here. We're right here.." Luke started " right here,Always" the group said.
    That's how the next hour went, just four friends sitting at the beach looking out into the world they missed. Dying isn't always planed, but neither are friendships. All we can do is hope that when the time comes someone is there, and for Melody the boys will always be there.

A/n - hello guys and HAPPY EASTER
I'm sorry this chapter came out so late, my family and I went camping for the holiday and just got back.
I hope y'all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment they are so fun to read!
Bye✨✨✨✨