Chapter 10

"Are you absolutely sure that I can't help with anything? I don't want you guys doing all of the work while I just stand around." Jennie asked Lisa for maybe the tenth time that morning.

"I told you, I don't want you breathing in the paint fumes, it's not good for the baby. It'll only take us a few hours, and it'll be dry by tomorrow so that we can get started on everything else." Lisa assured her with a quick kiss to her cheek and a cheeky slap to her bottom as she rushed Jennie out the door and into Jisoo's car. "I'll see you later." She told her before turning to Ella and bending down to pick her up with a dramatic groan at the effort required to do so. "And you little munchkin, I'll see you guys in a few hours."

"Mom why is auntie Rosé wearing silly clothes?" Ella asked Lisa as she eyed Rosé sorting the paints out through the opened garage door.

"Cause we're gonna paint the baby's room babe, she doesn't want to get her regular clothes all messy. Kinda like how you wear an apron to paint at school." Lisa explained as she set Ella down in the back of Jisoo's car and helped her get buckled in.

Ella seemed content with the answer, and Lisa quickly kissed her goodbye with a promise to see her later before reaching over and doing the same with Jennie.

"No kiss for me?" Jisoo teased, laughed as Lisa puckered her lips and smashed them against Jisoo's cheek. "Ew gross! Get away you weirdo!" she continued to laugh.

"You asked for it." Lisa smiled in reply. "I'll see you all soon, love you all." she blew them one last kiss before watching as the car took off down the driveway and turned out of sight.

"You guys are so cute it makes me nauseous." Rosé told her as she picked up one of the tins of paint and pretended to look queasy. "I love Jisoo so much, and Hayul too, but like you guys are truly something else."

"We're not all made of stone Rosé, some of us like to show our loved ones that they're loved." Lisa teased in reply.

"Oh I show her alright, I just tend to do it in a more.. physical way."

"Okay no! Too much info! Gross!" Lisa exclaimed as she playfully knocked Rosé with her elbow before reaching down for one of the other large tubs of paint.

After making sure that Oreo was securely locked away in the kitchen so that she didn't get in the way, the two of them made their way inside and carefully up the stairs with the tubs of paint, paint brushes, and rollers in hand that they had bought for today.

"Which room is it?" Rosé asked as they stepped up onto the landing. They had two guest bedrooms in the house, one on their side of the hallway, and one down by Ella's bedroom. It had been something that Lisa and Jennie discussed throughout the week, they weren't sure which one of the guest bedrooms should be the designated baby nursery. The room closest to theirs would be better for the night feeds etc when the baby eventually moves out of their own room, but Jennie didn't hesitate to point out that maybe it was best to have the nursery down by Ella's room for.. noise purposes, and Lisa was very quick to agree.

"This one, come on." Lisa nodded towards the room and made her way down the large hallway away from their bedroom. The room was large enough to fit everything that they would need for the baby, and Lisa couldn't wait to see it all filled up with her things.

She had taped off the skirting, light switches and outlets earlier that morning so that all she and Rosé would have to do was paint the walls and be done for the day. They wasted no time popping open the tubs of paint and getting to work. Both she and Jennie had suggested painting the room a neutral color, so they had gone to the store and selected a beautiful pastel shade of yellow. It was so pale it almost resembled a shade of cream or white, but the yellow came through just enough to add a pop of color to the room.