•Chapter 2•

The club was almost suffocating; it was overflowing with people, their bodies pressed together, swaying to the beat. Strangers found comfort in the sweet nothings whispered in their ears. The blaring music mingled with the alcohol to drown out tonight's worries, a temporary solution welcomed with open arms.

I recognized a tattooed arm, waving us over to one of the booths.

"Hey! I'm glad you guys could make it," Jungkook greeted Namjoon with a bro-hug and flashed a bunny grin at Haewon and me, his eyes lingering on her for a moment too long. Jungkook informed us of where the food and drinks were and proceeded to look through the crowd, attempting to discern some more familiar faces.

A couple of drinks and a lot of dancing later, Haewon and I found ourselves seated at the bar, sipping cocktails. The pink drink left a sweet taste on my tongue and rolled down my throat, spreading a tingling warmth throughout my entire body.

Namjoon had disappeared into the sea of people. Unlike Haewon and I, he was a social butterfly and could probably make friends with a wall.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" Haewon cupped my cheeks, giggling. Her skin was flushed, and she was slightly tipsy as the club's bright lights danced across her face.

"Like three times already, but I don't mind hearing it again," I tried speaking as she continued to squish my cheeks.

"An Old Fashioned and one beer, please," I turned away from Haewon to see Jungkook talking to the bartender, a familiar brown-haired boy stood beside him. "Oh! Haewon, Yerin, meet—"

"—Taehyung?" I was pleasantly surprised to see him here. His usual hoodie had been replaced by a black shirt, the top two buttons undone, and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I couldn't help but notice how attractive he looked. His chocolate brown bangs covered his forehead in perfectly messy waves, the club lights switching between giving it a blue and gold shine.

"You guys know each other?"

"Yerin and I take the same bus every morning," Taehyung grinned at me.

"Jungkook! Have I told you how much I lo-" Haewon began.

"So! What brings you here!" I cut her off, clapping my hands together and accidentally knocking my drink over, causing it to spill all over my top. The two boys suddenly looked over at me, forgetting about Haewon's words.

I made a mental note to slap her when she was sober.

"I- uh, I just wanted a drink." Jungkook handed me some tissues, and Taehyung looked like he was trying not to laugh.

Turns out Jungkook did not just want a drink. He nervously asked Haewon to dance and she happily agreed. The two walked over to the dance floor, leaving me alone at the bar with Taehyung.

"So, for real, what brings you here?" I questioned curiously.

"You know Jin right?" Taehyung said, referring to Jungkook's roommate. I nodded, taking a sip of the new drink that had found its way into my hands. "Well, we go to the same uni, so he invited my friend Hoseok and me here."

"Oh so that's where you study," I pointed a finger at him, my hand immediately falling onto the table, the alcohol refusing to let me hold it up. "I finally know something about you."

"About that...I'm transferring to Jungkook's uni" Taehyung announced. "Starting next week."

"What?!" The word came out louder than I had intended. "So we're gonna be in the same uni," my eyes widened and an excited smile spread across my face.

"Looks like it," The same excitement was reflected in his eyes.

"I guess it's time I get to know more than just your name then."