•Chapter 6•

Taehyung and I found ourselves walking by a lakeside, his car parked a few metres away. The moon shone brightly in the sky, and a gentle breeze blew my hair back; the weather was perfect. The lights from the buildings on the other side of the lake reflected off its surface, and a few couples were seated on the grassy hill beside the lake.

The two of us talked about the most random things, teasing and giggling. Ten minutes later, we decided it was time we got home. We arrived in front of the building I lived in, and Taehyung insisted on walking me to the gate.

"Today was great. I had a lot of fun," I grinned at him, in a happy daze from the evening's events.

"Me too," he smiled back, "I'll get going then, see you on Monday."

Taehyung lingered there for a moment, refusing to go back to his car. Not knowing what to do next, I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a brief hug. I didn't wait to see his reaction as I turned around and walked into the building, shutting the gate behind me.

*

"I should've kissed him! Ugh."

Haewon and I were in our living room. I was sprawled across the sofa, and she was on a bean bag nearby. All sorts of foods were laid out on the table, and we decided to pull an all-nighter considering it was the weekend.

We were in the middle of our weekly movie night, but instead of the screen, most of the drama was coming from me today.

I gushed over Haewon talk about her perfect date with Jungkook, which consisted of them hunting hidden restaurants across the city—something the two loved doing. After coaxing her to spill the details—which she did without much force—I finally began talking about my night.

For what seemed like the millionth time, I complained about how I should've given Taehyung more than just a brief hug. She comforted me the first few times, and then gave up, knowing I wasn't going to let it go.

"Yeah, you should have," my best friend replied while munching on some popcorn, her eyes glued to the screen.

"Not helping Wonnie," I scowled at her.

"Dude it's okay, it was your first date, you'll see him again." I nodded slightly, knowing I was overreacting, but still unconvinced.

"Rin, look at me," I did as I was told, and Haewon sat up straight, her dark waves falling across her shoulders, the ends of her hair dyed a deep blue. "IT'S FINE, JUST DO IT NEXT TIME!" Haewon yelled suddenly.

"Why the fuck are you shouting?!"

"'cause you aren't listening to me," she shrugged her shoulders, leaning back to her previous position as if she hadn't just woken up our neighbours.

"Alright, I get it, you're right" I chuckled, "plus the rest of the evening was great."

"Exactly, now can we please watch the movie."

The next fifteen minutes passed by in silence, the two of us completely focussed on the events playing out on the screen.

"You're thinking about it again, aren't you?"

I groaned in frustration, furrowing my eyebrows and pushing my bottom lip out.

A burst of loud laughter erupted from Haewon, and I could only glare at her.

*

It had been a few weeks since our date together, since then, Taehyung and I hadn't found the time to meet outside of college, but we tried to see each other on campus as much as possible.

The five of us were gathered around one of the wooden tables at the edge of the college field. Jungkook and Taehyung had started hanging out a lot more with Namjoon, Haewon and me, and today's lunch break was no exception.

"But why would you name it that?!" Jungkook, asked Namjoon, the look on his face a mixture of hurt and confusion.

"That? Why would you name it?!" Haewon joined in, she was sat with the two boys on either side of her.

"Carl is a perfectly good name for my cactus, and why wouldn't I name him," Namjoon replied while showing us a picture of his new succulent.

"I agree with Jungkook, Mr. Prick is a lot better," I added.

"How about Señor Pokey," Taehyung suggested, and Haewon paused, considering the name and nodding in agreement.

At this point, everyone began adding their suggestions, and the conversation got louder. I laughed at my friends and went back to eating my food.

I suddenly felt Taehyung's hand on my thigh. Startled, I looked up at him, but he faced forward, apparently captivated by the ongoing conversation. Thinking nothing of it, I continued eating my food, until his hand started moving upwards. I felt my cheeks heat up, and my heart was pounding in my chest.

The three sitting across from us didn't seem to notice anything; they were currently engaged in a heated argument—about Carl.

Taehyung's hand moved slightly higher–

–and I choked on my sandwich.

Just as quickly as he had placed his hand on my thigh, Taehyung removed it. He nonchalantly passed me his bottle of water.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded yes.

He is not about to get away with this. I placed my hand on Taehyung's thigh this time, but he swiftly took my hand in his, interlacing our fingers.

I smiled at the cute gesture, forgetting about my revenge, and a similar smile was reflected on his features.

"Okay!" Namjoon raised his voice, the three seemed to have come to an agreement.

"Señor Carl Prick it is."

*

A/n

Hey guys, I hope you're enjoying this book! 

Take care, bye!💜