tacenda

tacenda

(𝕟.) 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕦𝕟𝕤𝕒𝕚𝕕; 𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖.

ELEANOR POV

"Okay. Looking at her results, I'll be very blunt. It is way worse than what I even imagined. She has broken so many bones while they were still developing, that if it happens much more she will never fully recover. The extensive pressure and trauma that has been put on her body throughout her growing years has also stunted her growth. I'm afraid her height will only grow about another inch at most. As for you being severely underweight and malnourished, we will give you a whole bunch of vitamins and make a meal plan for you to follow. Now for some of the results I would like to speak to the patient alone, if I may?" Doctor Edison asks looking at Lincoln the whole time.

Linc nodded his head and left, not before looking at me with an encouraging smile.

"Alright sweetie. Although I am talking to you alone right now, I will eventually have to tell Mr. Pesci. I thought it would be more comfortable for you if we were to do it separately.

The vaginal scar tissue you have isn't quite enough to need it removed at this time, but if you want to, later on we can look into doing that. Especially because you're so young right now I think it would be best to wait a few years and see what happens. Do you have any questions? Any concerns? Absolutely anything you want to ask me?" She asks with that fake looking concerned smile that every doctor wears.

"N-no." Was all I could get out. I feel so embarrassed. I know that I'm not being judged for anything or blamed, but I can't help but feel like everyone thinks I'm disgusting. Dirty.

"All right sounds good. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to call or make an appointment. I'm going to go talk to Mr. Pesci really quick and get a few of your prescriptions." She says leaving me alone in the room.

I get off the itchy paper covered table and sit in a regular chair. Cringing at the loud crunches of the paper, I can't help but feel defeated. This is really disappointing. I knew it was bad, but I never really thought about it stunting my growth. This also means if I break another bone, there will be irreversible repercussions. No pressure.

Lincoln and the doctor walk in both with sad smiles. "Alrighty then, any last questions before I let you go?" The doctor asks gathering paperwork off the table.

"Will she never be able to break another bone without it having lasting conditions, or do we have to wait till her bones are strong enough to take the break?" Lincoln asks the question that was lingering in the back of my head.

"Honestly, until I have seen them at their strongest, I cannot give you a firm answer. If you guys could come back within six months and see how her bones and body have healed, I can tell you then but for now I would just stay on the safe side." She says with a smile leading us out of the room.

She passes me a large brown bag of medication and I thank her.

We exit the practice in silence, and head to the elevator. I press the parking garage level watching the button light up and feel the elevator start descending.

"Alright, you want to go get ice cream now or what, farfalla?" Linc asks with a gleam in his eyes.

"Sure! What kind Should I get?"

"I don't know bambina, let's just wait until we get there to decide." He laughs leading me out of the elevator and to the car.

»»»»