Dead

Okay so this is gonna be short because I want the next chapter to be pretty long and I wanted it to end this way :)

Eleanor's POV:

My mom has always hated me. At first she just neglected me and mentally abused me. Then when I turned 6 she met Henry, my stepdad. A few weeks after he moved in, they started to get hostile and angry. The alcohol and drugs took control of them and left me to pick up the pieces.

Sometimes I just want the feeling to slip away. The feeling of my bones aching, my anxieties, the nightmares, the memories. I  feel trapped. I've already went to the police, and they didn't believe me. That is when I got "snitch" carved on my lower back. There's no where to go, no where to hide. No hope. Yet somehow, I feel like one day I will make it out of here. I know I can be free. I have to remind myself that there is no hope for me. I will be stuck in this hell forever.

I was 11 when Henry first touched me. I was confused and scared. I still remember running to my mom hoping she would help me and make him stop. That she would apologize for the life she had given me, for the life she had fallen into. I had hope that she would change everything. I don't know why I would have ever thought she would do anything for me. She didn't. She just laughed at me and said "serves you right you slut." I can hear his sinister laugh and feel his dirty hands touching me. He haunts me in a way that no one else can. He probably always will.

I've been homeschooled my whole life. I'm only allowed outside for doing yard work, but I run around my neighborhood a couple times a week when they're at work so I can get some sun. I want to go out and explore the site soon but I'm still recovering from the last trip to the basement. The basement is a place I wouldn't wish upon anyone. It's the place that holds my fears in a tight grasp. The place that haunts my sleep.

——

My mom and Henry went to the store a couple of hours ago and thank god they're taking their time. My stab wound from Henry yesterday is already starting to get infected, so I need to clean it. As I start limping to their room for supplies, I hear a knock at the door. Cautiously I open the door to two men in police uniforms and an older lady with nice clothes on. As I look at their matching solemn faces. I feel a shred of hope, maybe they're here to help me.

"Are you Eleanor Grey?" The first officer asks with a pitiful voice. "Yes, I am." I respond with an eyebrow raised, silently questioning what they're doing here. The second officer ponders for a moment, probably finding a way to word what he is about to say and says "We are sorry to inform you that your mother and stepfather were in a car crash and didn't make it."

As the words slip from the officers mouth I feel the shock run through my body. "T-they're dead?" I ask with a stoic face. The first officer nods with a look of pity. The first thought I have, is that I'm free. I stand there without a trace of any of my emotions. I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I know it's horrible to be relieved that someone is dead, but I can't help it. I'm free. I'll probably go into foster care or something but that doesn't matter right now. I will never have to see Henry ever again. I start to think of my mother. It stings when I think of her death but she always said she wanted to get away from me even if it meant death.

The old woman steps forward, " I know this is a lot right now but you need to go pack your bags, your plane leaves in an hour and a half." The old woman croaks out. "Why am I going on a plane?" I ask coldly. "You're going to live with your brother sweetheart"

So that's the first chapterrrrrr what did y'all think? I hate this chapter but I'm almost done with the next two lol