Chapter two: "Everyday I love you less and less"

Word count: 13,3K

Warnings: Cursing. Spoilers of season 1 Criminal Minds. Mentions of minor injuries (secondary character), and all your usual Criminal Minds content.  

Summary: Young SSA (Y/N) is getting used to her demanding job at the BAU, and her friendship with Spencer Reid is growing strong. Will Lila Archer get in the middle of their dynamic? 

A/N: Hello! I'm so excited to share this new chapter with you!! Thank you for your love. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Lila Archer...  

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

(Y/N)'s point of view

February 2006. After three months in the BAU, I was already used to traveling and living in my go-bag. But from all the places I have visited so far, Los Angeles is by far one of my least favorite cities. Don't ask me why, 'cos I know it's completely irrational, but I've never felt comfortable when I'm here. And that time wasn't any better.

It wasn't just the sun. I hate the sun. It wasn't just the fact I hated Lila Archer, the fucking princess we had to protect during the case, and who seemed to give a shit someone was trying to kill her. No, though that wasn't helping either.

No, what was driving me mad was the fact the next day was my boyfriend's birthday. Instead of organizing a fantastic party, I was stuck watching a bimbo run around a fucking tv set wearing nothing but a tiny bikini, acting like she didn't care a serial killer was after her.

- "Hey! Are you ok?"- Morgan found me outside the tv set, trying to catch some fresh air.

- "Yeah, I'm just..."- I know he had always been too nice to me, but I still wasn't feeling him close enough to tell him my personal problems.

- "Tired?"- I just nodded when he finished my sentence.

- "I don't know what I was expecting, but the BAU is a lot to handle."

- "Yeah, they don't put it on the brochure"- both of them smiled for a second.

- "Guys!"- Spencer waved suddenly and sprinted over us- "Lila just got a note from the unsub!"

 I quickly nodded and walked with him and Morgan to her trailer.

- "I'm intrigued by this particular version of the verb to be"- Gideon had the note in his hands, in a plastic bag. We all read it over and over again until we memorized it.

- "Past participle, steady-state of being, preceding adverb"- I analyzed, and Gideon nodded. 

- "What does that mean? that he can write right? Can you just speak English?"- Lila frowned and crossed her arms on her chest. 

I could understand she was nervous. Lila was the victim. And I had to understand she wasn't herself at the moment. Still, she had been a whiny bitch for the whole day, and I had it with her.

- "That's actually English"- I tried not to sound as rude as I was in my mind, but something tells me I failed terribly- "We are discussing the verb tenses."

- "(Y/N)..."- Reid tried to stop me, but I just continued speaking with a cold voice.

- "And by how he or she writes, we can conclude our stalker is someone you know, based on the tens of the verb."