ii. neveah wilson, the unqualified tutor

"NEV COME JOIN ME," LILY whined. She was trying to get Neveah to go to the library with her but so far she was failing.

"No Lily, it's the weekend and I'm not in the mood to socialise," Neveah said, from where she was laying in her bed tucked under the covers.

"Your not in the mood to do anything," Lily corrected, sitting down on the foor of Neveah's bed. "And it's the afternoon, get out of bed."

"Who cares, I'm comfortable," Neveah said, reaching out for the Cauldron Cake on her bedside table.

Lily went under the cover so she was now next to Neveah, "I'll help you study for the Charms test tomorrow and I'll do the homework."

Neveah smiled, pulling the duvet off her, "Deal, just let me finish my Cauldron Cake in peace."

Lily and Neveah left the dorm and went to the library, taking a small detour in the courtyard to hide from Peeves, who was throwing water balloons at anyone who crosses his path, but finally they reached the library which was filled with students and shockingly James Potter.

"Lily, come over here," James called, gesturing for Lily to come to where he was sat with Remus and Cameron.

"Can't you see I'm busy," Lily shouted back, careful to do it when Madam Pince wasn't within earshot and looking.

James shook his head, "Your not allowed to say no, it's head business, special order from Minnie herself."

Lily turned to Neveah and shrugged sadly, she went over to James, who was practically bursting with joy that she actually came over and believed his horrible excuse.

Neveah glanced around the library, looking for a free seat. She found one at the back of the library, hidden behind a large bookshelf but there was a girl sitting alone frantically looking through her Transfiguration textbook.

Neveah hesitantly walked over, "Hi, can I sit here?"

She looked up and stopped stroking the feather part of her quill on her thumb, "Yeah, sure, go for it."

She gestured for her to sit and Neveah did gladly. Neveah took out her Charms textbook and started looking through it, she was only here to study for the test she was pretty sure she would fail.

Neveah looked up at the girl, who was skimming through the textbook at rapid speed, and asked, "Need any help?"

She pointed at the textbook and smiled when the girl let out a deep sigh.

"Yes please, I'm Nush," She said, putting her hand out for Neveah to shake, which she did happily.

"I'm Neveah, your a Hufflepuff right?" Neveah questioned.

Nush puffed her chest out dramatically and said, "Hufflepuff and proud, lemme guess your a Gryffindor?"

Neveah mimicked Nush's actions, "Gryffindor and proud,"

"Y'know anything about turning a pincushion into a bird cage?" Nush asked desperately.

Neveah nodded, "We can go practice in the courtyard if you like?" Nush stood up and the two left the library and went outside to the courtyard, where second years were trying to turn mud into firewhiskey.

"So do you have a big test coming up or something?" Neveah asked.

Nush sighed, "Is it that obvious?"

Neveah chuckled and smiled.

"We have an exam tomorrow and McGonagall says that if I don't pass she'll assign me a tutor, but I'm sure she'll still assign me one even if I manage to pass by some miracle," Nush said.

"How 'bout I tutor you?" Neveah suggested. Nush seemed nice and she didn't want the poor girl to be tutored by some stuck up snob like Snape.

"Yes! Of course! Let's go ask McGonagall," Nush stood up excitedly.

"Right now?" Neveah questioned. She wondered how desperate Nush was for the tutoring.

"Yeah, before McGonagall gets any ideas." Neveah didn't know what she meant by that but she trailed behind Nush, who was walking determinedly, and they went to Professor McGonagall's office.

Nush walked straight in, not even bothering to knock. Neveah questioned how many times Nush had actually been in here.

"What are you doing here, Miss Parker?" Professor McGonagall questioned. She looked as though she's had a tough day and Nush didn't seem to be making it any better.

"Hey Professor, I found a tutor!" Nush exclaimed.

"I thought we agreed on me finding you a tutor, Miss Parker," Professor McGonagall said sternly.

Nush whined, "But Minnie-"

McGonagall cut her off with a stern look, "But Professor McGonagall, I'm sure Nev - can I call you Nev? - has better grades than me."

"Miss Wilson is the top of her class," McGonagall said, pondering what Nush said.

Nush brightened up immediately, "You see! Surely Neveah can teach me instead of the know-it-all Ravenclaw you had in mind."

"Alright, Miss Wilson can tutor you, but your score on the next test has to be significantly raised," Professor McGonagall sighed. Nush grinned and jumped onto Neveah, hugging her tightly.

"N-not a hugger," Neveah managed to get out.

Nush loosened her grip, "Thanks Min- Professor McGonagall, you won't regret this."

Neveah wondered if she would be the one regretting this.

authors note
so i made a new oc!! inspired by bestie nush and if she doesn't like how i portrayed her character then i'm revamping this-

also nush's face claim is naomi scott, she's been added to the cast list

thank you for reading!!