vii. a transfiguration love story

"SO THE ENCANTATION TO TURN small creatures into birds is Avifors?" Nush asked. Neveah nodded, not paying much attention. They were in the library for their daily tutoring session, because apparently Nush needed it that bad.

"Hide me!" Nush frantically exclaimed out of nowhere, glancing at the entrance of the library.

"What?" Neveah asked, turning to see where Nush was looking.

"No! Don't look at him," She shook her head, "Now hide me!"

"Why would I hide you?"

"At least hide the Transfiguration book then so he can't see it," Nush said, passing Neveah the textbook.

"Who's he?" Neveah asked, putting the textbook in her bag.

"Just my Transfiguration partner," Nush muttered incoherently.

"Why would you hide your Transfiguration textbook from your Transfiguration partner?" Neveah raised her eyebrows, not seeing the problem.

"Because he'll make fun of me!" Nush exclaimed, as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Why would he make fun of you?" Neveah asked, still lost.

"Because I told him I didn't need a tutor. Get with the program, Nev," Nush jokingly rolled her eyes.

"Why would you tell him that?"

"I don't know!" Nush shrugged, "It was a spur of the moment kinda thing."

"Well that was stupid," Neveah deadpanned, twirling her quill.

"You don't think I know that! Now hide me," Nush ordered, standing up and crouching behind Neveah's chair.

"Get up," Neveah huffed. "He probably won't even notice you from here."

Nush stopped, "Then why is he watching us!"

Neveah turned to the entrance of the library, where the Slytherin boy stood, grinning a sort of triumphant smile, chuckling at Nush's actions. Nush waved meekly at him, a wave that he returned teasingly.

"What's his name?" Neveah asked, smirking.

"Regulus," Nush muttered, looking down flustered which Neveah didn't think was possible. Nush didn't seem the type to be easily embarrassed, maybe it was just around this one boy.

"Well, you most definitely have a crush on Regulus," Neveah said, doodling on a piece of parchment.

"Oh God, is it that obvious!" Nush didn't argue like Neveah thought she would, instead she started pounding her head on the table saying, "Why does this always happen to me!"