x. the fat lady speaks

NEVEAH WALKED DOWN THE corridors of Hogwarts, hands intertwined with Sirius and a dazed look on her face, they were both soaking wet from playing in the rain but they didn't care. They gained looks from everyone they passed by, they couldn't believe that Neveah Wilson was actually holding hands and cuddling with someone of the opposite gender in public — nobody expected it. They stopped in front of the Gryffindor Common Room, looking into each others eyes in front of the portrait hole.

"Thank you for today," Sirius said lowly, only him and Neveah could hear. He tucked a loose strand of Neveah's hair behind her ear and looked down, giving her a small peck on the lips.

"My pleasure," Neveah grinned. "Sneaking you out of detention was the highlight of my day."

"I should tell Professor McGonagall about that," The Fat Lady spoke up, she was quickly ignored.

"Yeah, well mine's was kissing you in the rain," Sirius said goofily, kissing the side of her jaw. He looked up abruptly, this was the perfect time to ask.

"Go to the ball with me," Sirius said, shocking Neveah.

"Is that a request or-"

"Come on, go with me," Sirius pestered, leaning in.

"I think she can find a better date than you," The Fat Lady huffed. "Back in my day, boys like you were just trouble-"

"You don't have a day, your a portrait," Sirius deadpanned, turning back to Neveah. "Will you go with me?"

"No," Neveah shook her head. She didn't want to go to the ball, she already told Lily and it was too late to go back. She already made up her mind, balls weren't the right place for her, not with everyone being repulsed by her mere presence. But in her defence, the feeling was mutual.

"No, why not?" Sirius asked curiously.

Neveah squinted, "Because I don't want to."

"People won't expect you to go," Sirius pointed out, causing Neveah to cock her head to the side.

"Why are you pushing this?" Neveah questioned, leaning further away from him. "What's in it for you?"

"Don't go with him, darling, boys like him just want to get into your pants," The Fat Lady advised but Neveah and Sirius just ignored her.

Sirius's eyes widened, he kept opening and closing his mouth, "So now I need to have a motive to want to be with you?"

"You tell me," Neveah looked up and down intimidatingly.

"You tell him, love," The Fat Lady nodded on approvingly.

"You need help, did anyone ever tell you that?" Sirius said, attempting to change the subject.

"That's not very nice," The Fat Lady crossed her arms, glaring at an oblivious Sirius.

"Answer the question, Sirius," Neveah glared.

"Nothing, there's nothing in it for me except just the pleasure of your company, okay?" Sirius defended. He scoffed and Neveah shook her head, she couldn't believe him. She pushed him away from her and stormed off into the portrait hole after telling The Fat Lady - who was very interested in what had just occurred before her - the password.

The Fat Lady rolled her eyes, "Men."

NEVEAH KNOCKED ON KIARA'S dorm room, peeking her head in and noticing that Kiara was alone. "Can I come in?" Kiara nodded, not looking up from her book.

"Look, I know your mad at me because I'm the reason you can't go to the ball," Neveah said, heading straight to the point.

Kiara looked up, a look of resentment on her face, "Y'know, I'm the only sixth year who got asked to go to the ball and I can't go because you don't feel like it!"

Kiara had been asked by Liam to go to the ball and accepted, thinking that he had already taken care of Neveah's date but she had found out earlier that Neveah wasn't going, causing her to not be able to go.

Neveah shut her eyes, "Liam never told you that we went out, did he?"

"Yeah, okay," Kiara scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not kidding," Neveah nodded. "For a whole month."

Kiara stammered, not able to get the words out before asking, "Why?"

"Because he was like, such a babe," Neveah sighed wistfully, a dazed look in her eyes.

"But you hate Liam."

"Now I do," Neveah shrugged.

"So what happened?" Kiara asked curiously, leaning in.

Neveah's lips formed a straight line, she moved her head to the side, her eyes were avoiding Kiara as she grimaced, she hated thinking about the mistakes she had made in the past. Kiara gasped once she realised what Neveah was insinuating.

"Please tell me your just joking," Kiara sat up, looking Neveah in the eye.

Neveah averted her eyes, "Just once, right after Mum left. Everyone was doing it so I did it afterwards I told him I didn't want to anymore because I wasn't ready so he got pissed and dumped me. After that I swore I would never do what anyone else was doing and I haven't since, with the exception of the party."

"How is it possible that I didn't know about this?" Kiara raised her eyebrows.

Neveah smirked, "I warned him that if he told anyone I would tell everyone how tiny his dick is."

"Okay, so, why didn't you tell me?" Kiara asked, snickering.

Neveah stood up, taking a seat on the bed next to Kiara, "I wanted to let you make up your own mind about him."

Kiara got off the bed, "Then why did you hold me hostage? It's not like I'm stupid enough to repeat your mistakes."

"Because I thought I was protecting you," Neveah explained, looking up at Kiara.

"By not letting me experience anything for myself?" Kiara crossed her arms, glaring at Neveah.

"Not all experiences are good, Kiara, you can't always trust the people you want to," Neveah said, raising her voice to match Kiara's tone.

Kiara stood up, opening the door to the dorm, "Well I guess I'll never know, will I?"

Neveah raked a hand through her hair, shaking her head. She stood up and took one final look at Kiara before leaving the dormitory. Kiara slammed the door shut and fell onto her bed with a thud, she couldn't believe her sister.

She didn't need her protection, did she?

authors note
the fat lady is all of us

authors notethe fat lady is all of us